Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Converting the work permit to BE to apply for ALG

Toggle
Hello Everybody,
My Name is Jyothis, living here in Germany since 2006.I have got graduated Software engineering(M.Eng) from Germany. Afterwards i got a job as SAP BI Consultant, which was an unlimitted contract. But unfortunately, i lost my job due to the organizational restructuring in May2009 under the probzeit. I worked there from september 2008 till May 2009, officially. since i got my work permit only in November2008, i could start my work with a valid workpermit from December2008.

The situation before, i worked as a SAP BI trainee for 1 year(40 hrs weekly) during the internship period. I had the student status till the end of September2008.

Now my question comes,
(1) Is there a possibility for me to apply for Arbeitslosengeld? I been a tax payer since 2007, though under student status for 1 year.

(2) Since i have the workpermit till 2012, but under the name of my "konkret" employer, is there a possibility to change it as BE. I been to the Ausländerbehörde, they said they cannot do it before it reaches 1 year.

Nevertheless Arbeitsagentur is positive, that if i get a BE lets procede with the application procedures.

Any advices or suggestions are invaluable, and most welcome.I ask you, please do help me.
Your time and effort are mostly appreciated..

Many Thanks and regards in advance
jyothis
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/20/09 6:24 PM as a reply to j joy.
Hi Jyothis,
Since you are having work permit since Dec 2008, you might need to extend it in 2009 to get a BE and for a BE, they would definitely ask for job contract etc.

For the point that you paid Arbeitslos during internship , you can claim Arbeitslosgeld but only if you have a valid visa and that is viewed as invalid by Arbeitsamt as the employer clause is there (and no more working for that firm) and that is why I guess they want it to be employer free (BE)

I think if you can get a letter from Arbeitsamt and then fulfill teh criteria for BE , the ABH would consider ..talk to the ABH (to a friendly one) for advice and do as they require. Of course if they tried to help you.
cheers
Raj
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/18/09 4:49 AM as a reply to j joy.
Hello,
I am in a situation where I complete 2 years just 2 weeks before my present contract expires.
So can I get BE with just 2 weeks left before I become unemployed?
Also I will get Arbeitslosgeld but only if I have valid visa.
Hope to get some inputs with people already faced such situation.

Thanks & Regards
Rits
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3