Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: How to get the german passport??

Toggle
How to get the german passport??
Answer
12/5/06 12:16 PM
Hi again (I do not know what happened with my message) I am from Peru, married with a German man since 2 years ago. I would like to travel to the us to visit my family but I was already denied 3 times in the american embassy so, my husband told me I should apply for the german nationality but what are the requirements?? I read that one of them is that I have to demonstrate that I have to earn enough money to pay for myself but... I do not work, I am only taking german courses... my husband works and he earns good, is that enough?? I also made the integration course and passed the Zertifikat Deutsch. Would I have to leave my peruvian passport?? Thank you so much for your help!!
Marycarmen :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/8/06 2:55 PM as a reply to Sonia Garcia.
Holla Mary,
For DE citizenship you need 8 years in DE no matter what, how and to whom, and you have to give up from you present citizenship.
You have family in USA?Then explain them that you are marreid in Germany, have home, family, no reason to stay (searching job, immigrate) in USA and you only want to visit your family.
What is the reason that they denied your visa application in USA? They must give some reason why.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/8/06 3:39 PM as a reply to Sonia Garcia.
"For DE citizenship you need 8 years in DE no matter what, how and to whom"

This is not true for the foreigners with German spouses. (They need only 3 years)

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/06 4:47 PM as a reply to Sonia Garcia.
You dont need to show that you are working, because your "lebensunterhalt ist gesichert" through your husband. If Einbürgerungsamt insist that u need work for that then they r wrong, so u have to talk somebody else there and convince them that its not in law.
Apart from "Zeitliche Voraussetzung" (3 or 4 Jahre) for getting DE Passport u have already fullfilled all other requirements. You are however entitled already to get Niederlassungserlaubnis, which also help u to get US visa. You should mention in your application that you are travelling there with your husband (a plus point).
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott