Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Meeting the World!

Re: German Passport for new borns

Toggle
German Passport for new borns
Answer
4/14/09 2:01 AM
Hallo friends,
Iam an Indian expecting my baby in few weeks.
My husband has been working here in Germany for more than 8 yrs , hence i could avail a German Passport for my kid.
My doubts :-

1) Once i take German Passport for my kid , can i change it back to Indian Passport whenever i wish to?

2) In trust7 i happen to see one of the messages that there exists some constraints laid by the Indian government ,one has to fulfill these constraints to reverse it back to Indian Passport , Is it True??

3) In case the above mentioned constraints are true , does anybody knows what these constraints are ????

4) When i enquired at ABH , the official over there said, there is no such things , i don't know which is true , which is false ??

Thanks
RR
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/14/09 3:14 PM as a reply to rachi richi.
>>1) Once i take German Passport for my kid , can i change it back to Indian Passport whenever i wish to?

Your child can have both Indian(because of you holding indian passport) and German passport(german rule) for now. But has to choose between the two when he becomes a major since Dual citizenship is not allowed.

>>2) In trust7 i happen to see one of the messages that there exists some constraints laid by the Indian government ,one has to fulfill these constraints to reverse it back to Indian Passport , Is it True??

Maybe true. Can you provide the T7 link where you got this informatilon?

>>3) In case the above mentioned constraints are true , does anybody knows what these constraints are ????

Try the following links

http://meaindia.nic.in/
http://passport.nic.in/passport_act.pdf

>>4) When i enquired at ABH , the official over there said, there is no such things , i don't know which is true , which is false ??

What did u ask in ABH about? Information about indian passport or german passport! For indian passport contact the nearest Indian consulate for information and for German passport contact the nearest Einburgerunsamt in your city. ABH is not the correct place as they deal most with visas.

My suggestion, take german passport and go for OCI card. You dont want to take the decision for your child which may put him at a disadvantage later in his life.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/14/09 3:21 PM as a reply to rachi richi.
One more link

http://www.toytowngermany.com/lofi/index.php/t79044.html
http://www.chennai.diplo.de/Vertretung/chennai/en/05/Konsularischer__Service/Other__services__geburtsanzeige.html
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/14/09 8:05 PM as a reply to rachi richi.
Hi RR,

You said "I am an Indian expecting my baby in few weeks.
My husband has been working here in Germany for more than 8 yrs , hence i could avail a German passport"

Well, I'm not 100% sure but I guess even if your husband was working here for 20 years if he hadn't done his german citizenship paperstuff your son cannot have the german passport.

Has your husband german citizenship?

Is clear he can but anyway he must do something, it is not automatic.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/14/09 8:27 PM as a reply to rachi richi.
@YO

>>Well, I'm not 100% sure but I guess even if your husband was working here for 20 years if he hadn't done his german citizenship paperstuff your son cannot have the german passport.

Not true. If one has NE and stayed for 8 years is enough for the child to get German Passport

http://www.info4alien.de/einbuergerung/themen/kinder.htm
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/14/09 10:21 PM as a reply to rachi richi.
Raj is Correct !

The child can get the Citizenship,for my second child got German Citiiernship based on my status NE with 8 years

Matrix
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/15/09 3:20 PM as a reply to rachi richi.
Thank you all for all the infos ...

As suggested i enquired at lot of places.
They said all these procedures can start after obtaining the urkunde for my kid.

1) Does any body have gone through this experience???

2) During the time of delivery , Do i need to tell my krankenhaus that my kid needs a german passport before they issue the Urkunde.

3) Is there any advantage / disadvantage for the parents when their kid has the German passport ??

4) Getting back the indian passport for the kid, did anybody try until now ..Will it be complex???
I called indian embassy they said they have no info. Only a lawyer can help in this regard

Thanks
RR
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/15/09 4:19 PM as a reply to rachi richi.
@all: sorry, I was not 100% but good to know!

@RR

>1) Does any body have gone through this >experience???

Yes I did. I didn't do the german passport stuff but I guess the "Geburtsurkunde" for a new born is the same.

The only advice is maybe tell in the Krankenhaus/Rathaus (depending on the size of the hospital) that you will need an international version of the Geburtsurkunde. This saves you some time in your embassy, because the certificate comes in english (among other languages).

The other comment is you say "birth certificate" and this is not correct. You receive four or five of them: one for the Kindergeld, one for Mutterschaftsurlaub, one international, one for the school etc etc.

As I told you, I cannot help you that much about the german passport because I didn't do that.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/15/09 5:16 PM as a reply to rachi richi.
@YO1

What was the reason you did not take german passport for your kid. Any reasoning.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/15/09 8:09 PM as a reply to rachi richi.
Hi RR,

less than 5 years in D!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/15/09 10:37 PM as a reply to rachi richi.
@Raj (Posted on 14/04/2009 12:14 pm): Your child can have both Indian(because of you holding indian passport) and German passport(german rule) for now. But has to choose between the two when he becomes a major since Dual citizenship is not allowed.

<GJ> India does not allow Dual Citizenship at any point of time (before or after becoming a major). In other words, the child cannot have both German and Indian nationalities at any point of time. </GJ>

@matrix (Posted on 14/04/2009 7:21 pm): The child can get the Citizenship,for my second child got German Citiiernship based on my status NE with 8 years

<GJ> For this rule to apply, does the child need to be born in Germany or can also be born in lets say India? Under the assumption that both parents are registered in Germany and have just gone to India for the delivery of the baby. </GJ>
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/17/09 3:31 PM as a reply to rachi richi.
In my case, the clarification is still being done by the Standesamt. We got a baby in Jan'09 and I had stayed for more than 8 years at that point of time with NE.

My question is if we need to have 8 years of rechtmäßiger gewöhnlicher aufenthalt or only rechtmäßiger aufenthalt for the baby to hold dual passports?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/17/09 5:32 PM as a reply to rachi richi.
Informations which i collected from german and indian officals office.

1) If the Indian parents living in germany for 8 years and who do not have german passport , and wants to apply for a german passport for their new born ,they can avail PIO Card and not OCI.

so in such a case if i take German passport with PIO card for my kid, later if i want to change it back to indian passport . 8 years stay in india as resident is must ...

2) Also , To get an OCI card status for my kid , one of them happen to tell me that , I can first apply for Indian passport and later say that , i want to give away the indian paassport and need a german passport , then it is possible to have german passport without any procedure.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/16/09 9:31 PM as a reply to rachi richi.
Hi RR

Which passport did u get finally?

I really need help regarding this issue.

My child is born here but I want to apply for Indian passport. Stadesamt says that my kid is a German citizen now as my husband had lived here for more than 8 years.According to them my baby can have both the nationalities.

I think India does not support dual citizenship..

Please share your experience..

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/17/09 1:57 AM as a reply to rachi richi.
Hello all,
For my kind, Stadesamt got rejected. Reason that still i need 13 days more to complete 8 years in germany. But i have NE. had anyone here with same status and got German pass for your kind ?. any ideas regarding the possibilities to get are welcome ?. Thanks, Best regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/17/09 2:35 AM as a reply to rachi richi.
@kodam

Looks like the number 13 struck you. Anyways not to worry. When you apply for german citizenship apply for your kid with you aswell.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/17/09 1:09 PM as a reply to rachi richi.
schade !. Anyway thank u raj,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/18/09 6:30 PM as a reply to rachi richi.
@richi rich

You will get german passport for your kids in any case. Just send the copy of these passport , PIO card form, fees, copy of parents passports, geburts kunde.

you will receive the PIO card. No need to apply for Indian passports.

Which consulate are you talking withj?

Regards

Havehope
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7