Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Zertifikat Deutsch

Toggle
Zertifikat Deutsch
Answer
2/23/09 10:57 AM
Hello everyone,
in the law for "Einbürgerung", it is stated that if someone got a degree from a German university, then he should not do the german language test: Zertifikat Deutsch. What if the degree is a Master degree in English (international program)? The law does not specify the language of the acquired degree. Anyone with experience? Thanks a lot!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/23/09 11:47 AM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
Dude,
Do you think if you tell them that your course is in English , they will be very happy to waive you off from ZD?

If its not on the certificate why do you care? LEt them take care of it.
I got NE after showing my certificate which has no mention of the language and no further questions. I think they presume that you did in Deutsch or at least know Deutsch/culture/life/wtever. as you studied here.

cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/23/09 12:09 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
Hi rajendrak
thanks for your reply. The thing is that if they do not accept the international master as a waiver for the ZD, then I would like to do the ZD exam ahead of time. (I have some time limitation problem). So it is not enough for me to wait until I apply, and then find out if i need ZD or not. That's why I am caring for that. In fact, it could be that they are behind any degree acquired in Germany, be it in english or in german, important is that is a university title?... This is my main question.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/23/09 12:25 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
they are interested in your knowledge of German language. They sometimes presume that the degree was in German. However if they're aware that the studying language is English they will require ZD. Real life example:
In Munich, they were accepting the master degree with no issues. Now they found out it's in english and they require the applicant to supply ZD certificate.

So if you're not sure how it's treated where you're going to apply I'd then go for the ZD
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/23/09 12:31 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
Hi gc1234
thanks for your reply!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/23/09 3:47 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
I have a degree from a German university where the language of instruction was also English. I did have to take the ZD as they made it pretty clear that I would need to prove a reasonable proficiency in the German language.

Also, you will need to have a conversation with them at some point and then they can gauge your German skills fairly accurately.

I suggest take the ZD and avoid any hassles in the middle of your application.

All the best.

/x
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/23/09 3:55 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
Hi Xenon
thanks for your reply. Yes I think the best is to do the ZD ahead of time. My wife also has a master degree from germany university and we will do "miteinbürgerung", so maybe my wife would not need the ZD because they write that spouse need less german knowledge. Anyone got experience with that?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/24/09 12:57 AM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
hi zash,
Don't presume that your will not need ZD. Indeed, now it is required for any one who want German. Recently I applied for Einburgerung & I asked beamter if my wife apply with me? He toled me if my wife has ZD + Einburgerungtest then yes otherweise No. So better your wife also get ZD.

Regards.

dilbir
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/24/09 11:27 AM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
Hi dilbir
thanks a lot for your reply.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/12/09 9:08 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
I have a certificate of attending a B2 Goethe institute course in a Germany. The certificate also include credit points, noticed that I passed and the grades. But is is not Zertifikat Deutsch. Could it be acceptable for citizenship application?
thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/13/09 3:21 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
@raul:

Ultimately, this depends on the discretion of the person handling your application. You will have to go talk to them and if they are happy with your level of German, they might waive this requirement.

I would say, go and have a chat with the citizenship office person first and see what they have to say.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott