Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Re: Laptop Problem

Toggle
Laptop Problem
Answer
2/17/05 10:24 AM
Hi Guys,

My Laptop needs some repair as the Drive is not reading any discs.Bought it on 2001,so its not having any Guarantee.a'm thinking of giving it to mediamarkt.

Could anyone suggest a place in Munich,where it would be reliable & affordable

Thanks
P
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/18/05 12:57 AM as a reply to Sultan Mohammed.
I'm not in Germany and I don't know any repair service from there, but I sugest you to buy a USB Flash memory drive instead of repairing your old floppy drive. USB memory is faster and have more capacity >256MB vs. 1.44MB

I think it will be cheaper too, repair/replace an old floppy drive can be expensive...

If for some reason you need to read 1.44MB floppies and the repair will cost more than €50 there is an alternative: You can buy a portable USB Floppy drive. But first ask for a quotation maybe the repair is not too expensive as I believe...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/18/05 10:29 AM as a reply to Sultan Mohammed.
Sorry for the misunderstanding,its a combi Dvd Drive.....
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/18/05 11:35 AM as a reply to Sultan Mohammed.
Do not try to repair it in D.
Here is arbeit zu teuer. Just buy another (after you are sure that your is dead) and buy better one. I assume you have DVDReader-CDBrenner.
You can get DVD 2-layer Brenner for less money than repair costs.
You should try to find place where they can check is it dead for nothing or max 10€.

Best option is to find store where they have cheap laptopDVD and does repair. There you can see what costs repair and if it is teuer you can buy new DVD and they can install it. It is of course cheaper if you install new DVD align.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/18/05 6:12 PM as a reply to Sultan Mohammed.
Thanks Dvd,Could anyone suggest a shop in Munich.....
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/18/05 6:16 PM as a reply to Sultan Mohammed.
I am not in M but I would call MM and few other shops and ask what do they take for checking, repairing and what laptop DVD costs there.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/21/05 10:30 AM as a reply to Sultan Mohammed.
Thanks DVD.....
0 (0 Votes)

Laptop purchasing online
Answer
2/21/05 12:14 PM as a reply to Sultan Mohammed.
Hi all,

I want to buy a laptop. Can any one knows cheap online offers or useful tips, if any, would be much helpful for me.

Thanks

Baskey
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/21/05 12:27 PM as a reply to Sultan Mohammed.
forget the name. Even expensive one goes kaput.
Buy some with 3 years garantie if you find it.
ALDI gives sometimes 3 years.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/22/05 11:06 AM as a reply to Sultan Mohammed.
Ebay is a good source and online reference for laptops.Also,my friend got an ASUS configured - has a good warranty period and also affordable price.

wishes,
Ravi.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3