Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Re: gaving up your nationality

Toggle
gaving up your nationality
Answer
3/8/10 12:13 AM
Hi,
I just have a question concening gaving up own nationality before taking the German citizenship. I heard that there are some exceptions for this role. Has anybody succeeded to keep his own nationality in addition to the German citizenship, and if so, which documents needed to do it?
Best regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Re: gaving up your nationality
Answer
8/12/10 4:32 PM as a reply to Ahmed Khalil.
dude, the only thing I know is that certain countries (e.g. cuba) don't allow to resign to your citizenship. in those case germans cannot do anything about it, they give up and allow you to have two nationalities.

I heard that for economic reasons you can maybe retain your old nationality, for example if you can prove that resigning to your nationality you will lose insane amounts of money, I'm not sure about this I know it only by hearsay.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott