Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Apartment requirements for family visa

Toggle
Apartment requirements for family visa
Answer
2/23/12 11:03 PM
Hi all,

Can someone please help me finding the apartment requirements to get family visa. I have a 5 years old son. My question is what is more important to get VISA for wife and kid(s). Is it space in square meters they look or number of rooms? There are different opinions some say with 5 year old kid one should have 3 room (2 bedroom apt) and some say 2 rooms is OK with more than 60 sqm space. To add more my salary is around 60k, which means this point should not be a problem.

My other question is once my son is here can he continue his schooling from India like self studying student going india to give exams, because in Germany he has to start from 0 (I guess) and with German lang (given the cost of english schools too high).

Thanks in advance!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/25/12 1:31 AM as a reply to John.
i hope apartment requirement will not be a big constraint. but regarding schooling in germany as far as i know if a kid is attaining the age of 6 he must be sent to school.In germany the schooling for kids is under the control of government, so if we dont send them i think its an offense as per the law.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/26/12 2:10 PM as a reply to John.
Hi Akum

I am not sure if it really matters when you have a 2 room appartment. But just a personal advice. Its better if you look for 3 bedroom or at least 2 bedrroom apt before your family joins you. You will reliaze soon the requirement of having a bigger appt and its better to find one and shift there alone first rather than doing the same when family memebers and kid is with you.

Schooling is mendatory. The registration to a school is must. Else as written by another member too, it comes under an offense.

Ciao
Tony
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/7/12 7:12 PM as a reply to John.
You cud try to have a look into one of the cities posted requirement or google for "ausreichender Wohnraum"

e.g

http://www.duesseldorf.de/auslaenderamt/aufenthalt/grundvoraussetzungen/wohnraum/index.shtml

In general, the requirements are not outrageous and rational
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18