Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Jobs in Germany

Toggle
Applied for work permit.
Answer
10/3/05 10:52 AM
I've applied for work permit on 17th Aug. at German consulate in Mumbai (India). I called them to check for my visa status, they just said that they have not received anything from Germany and normally it takes 6-8 week for the procedure. If I mistake not, it takes around 4-6 weeks for AMC. Is there any way to speed up this process, may be some letter from employer to ABH or to Labor Authorities? Is there any way to know the status of the application?
Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Applied for work permit.
Answer
10/3/05 12:37 PM as a reply to Samir.
"Is there any way to speed up this process?"
"Is there any way to know the status of the application?"

Not that I know of.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/3/05 2:23 PM as a reply to Samir.
"Not that I know of."

if your employer is a big corporation that applies for work permits on a frequent basis, they can and will do it themselves. otherwise a call to employment office with a question about a status can even make the matters worse

the big problem here in Germany is that it's nearly impossible to fire an official for a bad work, it's nearly impossible as well to make them pay for the losses of state caused by their bad work. therefore you and your employer have to wait for 6-8 weeks when the thing could be done in couple of days
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/4/05 4:51 PM as a reply to Samir.
I informed my employer about the said situation. They said that they will get in touch with arbeitsagentur and ausländerbehörde there in Germany to try to accelerate the procedure. Is it advisible to do that or it could just upset situation as said by '-'?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/6/05 1:16 PM as a reply to Samir.
Hi there,
I have applied from Chennai in last week of Aug. Could you pls post a message once your visa is through !
Thnx
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/7/05 12:23 PM as a reply to Samir.
Hi,

I'll surely update here once i get my visa. From chennai it takes 8-12 weeks (even their site say so). So take 3 months for granted for sure. Again it depends, if it is inter company, it takes less time, around 1.5 to 2.5 months.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/14/05 3:42 PM as a reply to Samir.
Hi Everybody ( to Nobody also ),

My employer enquired with AA, and found that they have cleared work permit and will be sending it to ABH, and ABH inturn to consulate here in India.

Does this mean AMC is over?
How much time ABH takes thereafter?
Finally, how much time it will take to come to India?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/14/05 4:16 PM as a reply to Samir.
Yes it mean the AMC is over.
One good fortune teller would be able to make a guess when the other things (AA-ABH-INDIA)will happen, but unfortunately we are in the wrong field. Now your employer can take the issue with ABH to speed up the process, and you can do it from the other side in india.
0 (0 Votes)

Jobs in Germany
Answer
10/24/05 4:59 AM as a reply to Samir.
Hi
i am new to this site, working as a computer engg in saudi arabia anyone here help me to know that how to get job in germany if possible just email me nisar1_hello@rediffmail.com
Regards
Nisar
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3