Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Dependant visa - Job

Toggle
Dependant visa - Job
Answer
7/3/08 5:30 PM
Hi guys,

My wife who is on my dependant visa got a job offer last week. She has a visa with

arbeitsserlaubnis for two years from now and "erwerbstatigkeit gestattet" printed on her visa.

What are the things or proceudres we need to do to ge tthe documents like Lohnstuer karte,social security number and other documents if there are any and which office should we approach for getting those things.

Please enlighten....

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
P
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/08 5:38 PM as a reply to Sultan Mohammed.
You have to get the Tax Card from the local rathaus.

Normally you can take class 5 for your wife if the salary difference between you and her is very large. If they are almost same then 4/4 is the best option.

Social security number will be issued by the Krankenkasse after her employer registers her, so thats not your problem.

Inform your health insurance people that your wife will be working.

Nothing more you should do as far as i know
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/08 6:11 PM as a reply to Sultan Mohammed.
Thanks raj for the quick answer.
>>Normally you can take class 5 for your wife if the salary difference between you and her is very large.

By the above statement ,do you mean that If Iam getting more than her,she should opt for tax class 5.

Have 1 more question,Is it possible to extend her arbeitserlaubnis,may be to an unlimited one.

Now as I said ,the residence permit is limited to 2 years and the work permit is also attached to it(ie: 2 years)

Could we do anything in that direction.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/08 6:50 PM as a reply to Sultan Mohammed.
>>By the above statement ,do you mean that If Iam getting more than her,she should opt for tax class 5.

Yes

>>Have 1 more question,Is it possible to extend her arbeitserlaubnis,may be to an unlimited one.

No. Even spouses of German Citizens dont get it so fast.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/08 7:28 PM as a reply to Sultan Mohammed.
Thanks Raj..
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18