Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Re: Question on Kindergeld - born abroad

Toggle
Question on Kindergeld - born abroad
Answer
11/12/09 11:25 AM
Hallo Friends,

I m here in germany for past 6 yrs (3 studies + 3 work). I have Aufenthaltserlaubnis BE and my wife has a Aufenthaltserlaubnis with erwerbstätigkeit gestattet (from 2008). My son was born in India on july 09 and my wife n my son came to germany on october.

I applied for kindergeld and i got a letter that they will pay from october and not from july or from my son date of Birth (DOemoticon. Is this rite?.

I saw some discussion abt kindergeld in this forum n understood that they have to pay from the DOB. But those discussion happened some years before. Please update the current situation on the kindergeldgesetz. Also a good friend of mine in this forum told that i m eligible for kindergeld from DOB.

I called the hotline and someone takes the call n i m sure the people who sit in hotline has no idea abt wht they r talking. they say that if the kid is born in EU then they might pay. I asked them to send in written form the law from kindergeldgesetz which made them not to pay from DOB but they refused to do it.

Please guide me friends.

Thanks,
Karthik.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/12/09 12:48 PM as a reply to Macho.
Hello interested Forum members,

Here is the law:

Eligibility for “Kindergeld” is given as of the months all requirements are met which are set forth in Section 62 ff. EStG

http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/estg/BJNR010050934.html#BJNR010050934BJNG023403140

Children who do not stay or reside in an EU country, however, are basically not covered, Section 63 Para 1 Sentence 3 EStG. This is the reason why they would pay only starting in July.

contact@kanzlei-jain.de
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/12/09 1:54 PM as a reply to Macho.
This is a good point to discuss:-

Please let me know what happen with eltern geld and kinder geld if someone is a German immigrant ( german passport ) but live in India or some where else ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/12/09 2:34 PM as a reply to Macho.
>>Please let me know what happen with eltern geld and kinder geld if someone is a German immigrant ( german passport ) but live in India or some where else ?

Elterngeld - YES but Kindergeld - NO
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/12/09 4:07 PM as a reply to Macho.
As far i c from the discussion the kid should be born here in germany to get the kindergeld and elterngeld from day 1 of birth.

If the child is born in india then kindergeld n elterngeld will be paid from the date of registration at the office (anmeldung). this will have an impact of the elternzeit as well.

general info: visa validity is very important for elterngeld. one will be paid initially for the months till the visa is valid. once the visa is extended the rest will be paid. I donno wht happens to elterngeld if one leaves the country permanently. i m not sure abt raj comment as you make abmeldung n this shld cancel everything.

kindergeld: you haev to inform the office if you leave the country permanently. if u dont inform n if they find somehow then they will ask to pay the money back.

regards
karthik.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/12/09 5:48 PM as a reply to Macho.
Wrong for the Elterngeld. You can apply even if the kid is born in india and will be paid from the day 1. If you register for elterngeld after 4 months then you will be paid initially for all those months together and then rest for another 8 months.

Right about kindergeld. Basically paid from the day you register.

vamsi.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/27/09 1:25 PM as a reply to Macho.
Hi guys,

i think wht vamsi told is not rite n wht i told before was also not rite.

when u guys told that elterngeld is possible from day 1 of kid birth n not kindergeld i checked the clause for the eligibilty to get the money. Both mention the same clause. since the law is same i applied for Einspruch for kindergeld (reviewing application again) and now they sent a letter from familienkasse that i m eligible for kindergeld from the first day onwards. i have applied einspruch for elterngeld n i will let u guys know wht happened.

in brief: when u and ur partner stay in germany n if the delivery is abroad u are eligible for kindergeld from day 1 of birth provided the ur partner shld have a valid visa n permission to work i.e. erwerbstätigkeit gestattet.

thanks for ur info guys. if i havent discussed this topic in this forum i wld not have enjoyed the rights as every citizen does here in germany.

I will inform the status abt elterngeld when i get the reply from them.

Thank you once again.

regards,
karthik.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
12/2/09 10:19 AM as a reply to Macho.
Hi guys,

update on elterngeld - yesterday got a letter that my wife will get the elterngeld for the time when she was in india. Now i can plan my elternzeit as well emoticon .

Present situation (2.12.2009) is one can recieve kindergeld n elterngeld even when the kid is born abroad.

Regards,
Karthik.
+2 (2 Votes)

RE: Question on Kindergeld - born abroad
Answer
5/8/14 11:52 AM as a reply to Macho.
Hello ,

Can you tell me the procedure to apply for Kindergeld ? 

I am a non-EU citizen, working in Germany for a German company on EU Blue Card. I am planning to go to India to give birth and stay there for few months.

I tried calling FamilienKasse and the lady spoke very rudely to me. I speak little Deutsch.
She said," ask everything in Deutsch or auf wiedersehen. Nobody here can speak in English and if you need help, you speak Deutsch." 

So, I dont know which forms to fill , when to fill and what to do .
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/8/14 3:52 PM as a reply to Proud Indian.
Hi,

Check this out.
http://www.arbeitsagentur.de/web/wcm/idc/groups/public/documents/webdatei/mdaw/mdk1/~edisp/l6019022dstbai378287.pdf?_ba.sid=L6019022DSTBAI378290

http://www.arbeitsagentur.de/web/wcm/idc/groups/public/documents/webdatei/mdaw/mta3/~edisp/l6019022dstbai440780.pdf?_ba.sid=L6019022DSTBAI440783

Best Regards,
Mohamm
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/9/14 8:40 AM as a reply to Abdul Mannan Mohammed.
Thank you Mohamm. 
Do I need to fill both these forms ? 
I guess I need to submit it only after the birth of my baby.

Where should I send these forms after filling ? Do I need to attach any other documents to it ? 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/5/14 2:17 PM as a reply to Proud Indian.
Hallo,

You have to send filled application form along with copies of checklisted documents to "Familienkasse" in your region/City. Normally you can trigger this process 2-3 weeks earlier. I suggest you to do only after your chhild is born.

Regrads,
Mohamm
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/24/14 4:47 PM as a reply to Abdul Mannan Mohammed.
Can someone tell me, if the child is born abroad then do we have to first register the child, get the german birth certificate and then apply for kinder/eltern geld?

If not, then is it okay to submit Indian Birth certificate in english language?

I have seen many people have said they went to standesamt with the birth certificate. What do they give?  A translated version of the Birth certificate?

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/29/14 4:47 PM as a reply to Tiya De.
Hello,

This thread looked interesting and informative.

But my situation is slightly different.

I am employed in Germany with a blue card and my wife is here with a job permit but not working.
My wife was unemployed all the while she was in Germany.
Now my wife is pregnant and we are planning to have the delivery in India.
Once we get the child's visa (which I expect would take 2-3 months), my wife will join me back in Germany.

As I understood, an unemployed new mother is also entitled to the minimum allowance of Elterngeld which is Euro 300 I think.

So, if the child is born abroad and returns soon enough, is she still entitled for the allowance or does the 'born abroad' have a bearing ?

Thanks a lot !
Looking forward to hear from you guys !
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/29/14 5:27 PM as a reply to Lijo.
visaforspouse:
Hello,

I am employed in Germany with a blue card and my wife is here with a job permit but not working.
Once we get the child's visa (which I expect would take 2-3 months), my wife will join me back in Germany.

As I understood, an unemployed new mother is also entitled to the minimum allowance of Elterngeld which is Euro 300 I think.

This is not correct. Unemployed mother is not entitled to get any money

So, if the child is born abroad and returns soon enough, is she still entitled for the allowance or does the 'born abroad' have a bearing ?

This does not exist.

Thanks a lot !
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/30/14 9:22 AM as a reply to Lijo.
visaforspouse:
Hello,

Thanks a lot !

Elterngeld:
Yes! Unemployed mothers are entitled to Elterngeld of 300 euros per month for a maximum of 12 months startiing from Birth to the 1st birthday of the child. But she can only apply for it when she is physically present in Germany. Lets say if the mother and child comes back to Germany in 3 months from birth than she will get paid for complete period of 12 months, but if she comes after 4 months than she will be paid for previous 3 months only (total 11 months) and so on...

Betreungsgeld:
If you decide not to send the kid to play school from 15 till 36 months, than the mother is also entitled for another 150 euros per month (total of 22 months)

Kindergeld:
This can be applied simultaneously, around 184 euros/month upto 18th birthday of the child.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Best regards, Raj++

P.S: some terms and conditions apply.
P.P.S: this is not a legal advice!

0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18