Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: It's been 12-weeks, still waiting for work visa

Toggle
On 19th October I submitted my application for long term visa(employment) along with my wife and child as a dependent applicant.

After 8 weeks of my application, my German employer tried to reach aliens office to get an update, but they said my application is under process and i will be notified whenever its ready.

couple of weeks ago i got the same reply from Delhi embassy when i asked for an update through email.

I am not sure if my case needs marriage verification, as Delhi embassy didn't charge me any amount related to verification(except normal visa fees).

While submitting my application at embassy, lady at the counter was asking for the German language certificate of my wife, I was surprised, why my wife needs language certificate? why not me? we both dont know german and we will be traveling together to germany.

Luckily in my employment contract, my employer stated that they will bear the expenses of german language classes for me and wife, hence the lady accepted my application.

I am worried that after 12weeks if they refuse my wife's visa due to missing german language certificate, my joining date will be delayed again by couple of months()...

BTW my contract is of unlimited duration, but we applied for a 3 year visa as we plan to return after 3 years.

Can anyone share their experience, what is the maximum period for long term visa processing?

thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/15/12 4:24 PM as a reply to adav adav.
xtreamer wrote:
"BTW my contract is of unlimited duration, but we applied for a 3 year visa as we plan to return after 3 years."

i think this is where you made mistake, according to law you can terminate your contract anytime as per your will and in agreement with your employer. Another thing is you won't get a visa for 3 years from Delhi, all you will get is a single entry visa for 90 days and upon arrival in Germany you have to apply for a residence permit, which is usually valid for 1 year in the beginning and is extended every year for a limited duration.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/16/12 11:38 AM as a reply to adav adav.
i hope if your contract is unlimited, your spouse has to complete A1 german certificate unless if she has a masters degree--
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/16/12 12:40 PM as a reply to adav adav.
Thanks for your comments.

vmishra: i couldn't get the point, what was the mistake with my application? in case of unlimited contract, is it not possible to request for the short term 3 year visa?

Actually its a company internal transfer from India to Germany, clearly its not a deputation. I have to resign here in India before moving to German counterpart. But my plan is to stay there for 3 years and come back to the Indian counterpart.

friend082:
My wife has an MBA and I have enclosed a copy of her degree certificate along with the application.

thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/16/12 6:58 PM as a reply to adav adav.
Hi xtreamer,

I do not think that there was any mistake in filing application. It does not matter what you entere in duraiton of stay, the embassy gives you 3 months visa (extendable after reaching Germany).

Your wife has Masters that means she should be excempted from doing German course. When did you apply for visa? If it was in December then you should keep in mind the Christmas vacation of German staff in New Delhi as well.

There is no hard and fast rule which underlines the time take by embassy in India. 8 weeks is very normal. The verification of Marriage certificate takes a lot of time. In almost all the cases external agencies (better to say detectives) are hired to do this work.

Keep in touch with the embassy. Unfortunately, in your case one can not call ABH in Germany direcltly. Did you inquired embassy about status?

Regards
Tony
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/16/12 7:39 PM as a reply to adav adav.
tony:
thanks for your inputs.

I have applied on 19th October, and feel the same about Christmas holidays - in these 12 weeks I have lost about 2-3 weeks for holidays.

Again i have written a mail to embassy - still waiting for their reply.

BTW: about marriage verification - you said sometimes its an external agency doing this verification, but i was not paying any verification fees(around 15000 rupees) to the embassy.

Do you think embassy would spend their money on my behalf for an agency? I am sure they would charge me every penny spent on my application.

Br,
xtreamer.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3