Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: IT Position,Work permit issue

Toggle
IT Position,Work permit issue
Answer
10/29/10 5:58 PM
Hi folks ,

I just wanted to check out with you,my situation.

I'm working in Germany since 10 months,recently I resigned from my current position(notice period ongoing) and I submitted a work permit request,because I have found a new position with another firm.Going throw the process,I went to the Auslenderbehörde and submitted the request,but I have some doubts:
1-I have read many times that there are forms to be filled in at the Auslenderbehörde for this purpose,but in my case ,the lady at the office,just toke the new working contract,along with copy of my passport,with a confirmation letter from the company and my CV, and she said please get in touch with us to see the result later on(she said the processing time is 4 weeks).Is this normal that I did not feel in any thing ? or may be because I'm already a resident in that town and that they already issued for me a work permit before so they have all the required? I'm afraid there will be something missing in my application ...
2-Taking in consideration that Position is in IT branch,and that the salary is around 60KE ,does this grow up my chances to get the work permit ?or should I expect ping pongs from the Arbeits amt?

3-in case the work permit get#s rejected for any reason,should I get ready to have a lawyer in place to help me out ?

More info: I'm actually working in Hessen , and the new Position is also in Hessen,so the same authorities!

Thanks for your help
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/30/10 2:54 PM as a reply to Alex Master.
Folks, No feedback on this ?

Please kindly recommend something!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/1/10 5:46 PM as a reply to Alex Master.
Guys,I'm really wondering about this,I'm afraid that I missed up something in my application, It have been already 4 weeks without reply so far from the AB,could you please comment on my thread ?

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/1/10 6:00 PM as a reply to Alex Master.
contact the case officer again and ask her the status of your application.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/1/10 6:05 PM as a reply to Alex Master.
I did It,but she said,she did not hear any thing from Arbeitsamt,I'm wondering that she may wrongly submit my request with missing papers or so...

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/2/10 1:08 PM as a reply to Alex Master.
get the contact information for Arbeitsamt and ask them personally the status.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/2/10 2:18 PM as a reply to Alex Master.
Thanks Raj for your feedback.
The issue is that the person at the AB said that she does not know who is the person at the AA that is taking care of my request.she said that the whole process is made in order to have one interface which is the AB.

Now going directly to the question:According to the current market situation(Not aware of statistics ),what are the chances of refusing my request? taking in consideration the contract details that I had mentionned? does any one of you guys faced a similar situation?

Many Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/2/10 6:28 PM as a reply to Alex Master.
Hi,

it depends on the jobdescription (Stellenbeschreibung) which has to be done by your new employer.

With a salary of around 60 k there should be no problem. They have to describe the position as difficult as possible, with many special IT words ;-

Usually the people at labour office have no idea about the subject and they agree after a while. They just need the time to pretend that they have done something, which is not the case.

It should be the part of your new employer to take care of the process and speed it up. You yourself have small chances to push them, especially if you do not speak German.

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/2/10 7:24 PM as a reply to Alex Master.
Hi!

I have actually good news, the AB told me today to bring my passport and they will issue the work permit, looks like They took only a week to approve it, but the lady at the AB was a little messy and she was just ignoring my request! and fortunately I do speak German,so things could be as you said very difficult!

Thanks a lot for your help!
Regards
Alex
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/15/10 9:12 PM as a reply to Alex Master.
Dear Alex,

I am sailing in a very similar situation,like u.

worked before in FFM for just more than an year.
Now in dependent VISA.

Went to Auslanderbehorde last week, with new job contract.

More then 60K salary,i gave nothing but my new job contract and CV.( Not asked Stellenbeschreibung to be be filled by employer - This was asked for my friends spouses when they first coverted their depVISA to WP)

I'm also afraid there will be something missing in my application ...

After reading ur situation i am 50-50.

Kindly comment , i request you to give me your contact details to

eustag@gmail.com,

i could call you and i can ask my suplementary questions/doubts.

I need to know

1. Why no stellenbeschreibung(Job description from employer was not asked?
2.How to proceed in tracking further.

I am really thankful to your valuable feedback.

Regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/16/10 9:44 PM as a reply to Alex Master.
Folks, No feedback on this ?

Please kindly recommend something!

@Alex: I wish to discuss with you.
As Arbeitsamt is closed for christmas holidays, i need to hold my confusion till next year .
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/25/10 11:56 PM as a reply to Alex Master.
Is the forum active?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18