Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Inviting Parents to Germany from India

Toggle
Hi Guys,

I am an Indian citizen, currently based in UK on work permit and will be moving to Germany in 3 months time. Once there I would like to invite my parents there for 2 months ( within the 90 day visa stipulation).

Looking at the German Embassy website, I had some questions:

1. I need to supply the obligation letter being the sponsorer i.e. “Verpflichtungserklärung”. Any idea if I can get this obligation letter within 2-3 weeks once I am there in Germany, are there any pre-requisities I need to fulfill to get this letter?

2. I am also supporting my parents financially, so do I need to supply my bank statements along with the visa application to the embassy?

3. As I am currently working in UK, would the German Embassy accept the bank statements from UK for the processing of the application.

Many thanks for your help in advance and please let me know if you need more information from me.

Biks.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/25/09 6:56 PM as a reply to Bikramjit Singh.
"Verpflicht..." ..you need to have a flat whose area is 12m2 (for each person). So if you have 2 guests + 2 hosts . It shud be 48 m2. It is possible to get this letter in 2-3 weeks.

Assuming your parents will apply for visa at the embassy in India . Search for "VFS India" and you will find exact requirements for Indian nationals.

Any supporting documents are accepted.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/25/09 8:31 PM as a reply to Bikramjit Singh.
How long you will staying in Germany and what type of visa ? you also need to have salary slips from germany.

1. I need to supply the obligation letter being the sponsorer i.e. “Verpflichtungserklärung”. Any idea if I can get this obligation letter within 2-3 weeks once I am there in Germany, are there any pre-requisities I need to fulfill to get this letter?

you need rent contract from your landloard , 3 months salary slips and application for verflichtungserklärung.you have to go your nearest alien office and will be getting immediately on the spot.

2. I am also supporting my parents financially, so do I need to supply my bank statements along with the visa application to the embassy?

you dont need any thing to show in german embassy in india. Just your "Verflicht...." will be enough.Ofcourse your parents have to follow the procedure in applying for visa in india

3. As I am currently working in UK, would the German Embassy accept the bank statements from UK for the processing of the application.

if you provide "Verflichtugserklärung" you dont need any other documents from germany.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/26/09 10:32 PM as a reply to Bikramjit Singh.
Hello,

I got the verflischtungserklärung (VKL) today for inviting my mother from india.

But in the Auslanderbehödre they did not ask for any documents from me. In the form requesting the VKL, there was a place where I had to say YES or NO for a check to be made. I asked the person in the visa office what it was, she said it is some political check, etc. I said, then I don't need it.

She just filled the passport details,etc as I had mentioned in the form and printed the VKL and gave it to me.

But in the second page of the VKL there are 4 options to be crossed. For me she has mentioned "nicht nachgeweisen", which means she has not checked the details here in Germany.

However when I got the VKL 1 year ago for my wife, for her spouse visa,the person at ausländerbehodre checked all my documents and gave the VKL to me with "nachgewiesen" checked. And my wife applied for her spouse visa along with VKL in India and she got her spouse visa in 3-4 weeks in india.

MY QUESTION IS:

For a tourist visa , in the VKL is it okay to mention "nicht nachgewiesen" and "nicht glaubhaft gemacht" or should I go and get another VKL asking her to check my documents ???????

I am just worried that they might send documents to and fro from India and Germany and start verifying things and my mom could end up here very late in Germany?

Thanks in advance for your reply

Regards
Krishnan
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/27/09 1:28 PM as a reply to Bikramjit Singh.
IMHO ..VKL meant for parents might not undergo stringent check.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/17/10 10:41 PM as a reply to Bikramjit Singh.
I have received Germany nationality and I am living in Germany with my family with one child. I am employed. My wife is still an Indian national. She is not employed.
I want to sponsor a visit visa for my parents (age group 55-65). They have been in Germany before for one month visa. But this time I want to call them for about 4-6 months.

would it be possible?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/18/10 9:58 PM as a reply to Bikramjit Singh.
hello gtrengarajan

Even if you dont furnish verflichtungserklarung to german embassy in india, you can give a self signed invitation letter stating your stay in germany, current house contract, monthly/ yearly salary, and visa expiry date and ability to bare all expense for your parents stay in germany. That is enough also. You dont have to go to rathaus and take Verflichtungerklarung . Its certainly will cost around 25 euros.
But following doccuments will be required with your parents at embassy:
1. your salary statement
2. invitation letter as mentioned earlier
3. your house contract copy
4. your passport and visa copy

they can get the tourist visa easily within a day or two.

last year i invited my prents but i took verflichtungerklarung from rathaus jus on safer side.
But just after me my friend invited his parents without verflichtungerklarung and they had a happy stay here.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/21/10 2:35 AM as a reply to Bikramjit Singh.
Thnaks jivankitalaash,

For how many months (max) they can apply/get a visit visa?
4 to 6 months long visit visa possible?

where to get helth insurence (from Germany or from India) ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/23/10 1:54 PM as a reply to Bikramjit Singh.
hello kirn26

they can get a visa (tourist/ friends and family visit visa)for maximum of 90 days.

It will be good and cheap to have insurance from India.
there are few insurance company like star insurance, icici prudential, allianz insurance, new India insurance etc which offers good deals

the requirement of medical/ travel insurance is i think Euro 30k for entire stay in Germany.
the cost will vary from 2200 INR to 6000 INR depending upon insurance provider and age of your parents
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/25/10 11:47 AM as a reply to Bikramjit Singh.
Dear all,

you need a sponsorship from rathhaus.Its a must.

25euro you have to spend.There is no other way now.

Regards

Havehope
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3