Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Job suche visa after job loss

Toggle
Job suche visa after job loss
Answer
6/10/09 8:29 PM
Hi All,

I did my masters in Germany and completed by 10/2008 and got job(unlimited contract,workpermit till 10/09)immediately. But unfortunately with in 6 months(in Probezeit) i have lost my Job in 04/2009. I have contacted ABH in May and asked for 1 year Job suche visa.

But that lady did not listen to me and just forced me to fill the form and she intend to cancel the present visa and said you will get 3months visa only in that time search for new job. she also printed the new visa.I requested her and showed my masters grade and explained i studied here and i want to gain some experience give me some more time.

Then she went to her Chef and came back and said you keep the current workpermit, we will send you a letter to ask your status then you can answer that letter 6-8 weeks time and try to find new job in this time. In this 6-8 weeks time if you dont get new job, we will accept the application form which you have filled now and issue 3 months visa.

My question is actually what should happen in this case? If i get job suche visa, i can search job comfortably and with out pressure even i can work for 90 days.

Thanks in Advance!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/11/09 1:48 PM as a reply to Ramesh J.
This is really bad situation but in your case, unfortunately you can not get job search visa now.
Job search visa is just issued after you finish your studies, once your student visa is converted to normal work visa, you can not get job search visa after that.
In your case, the best is to find the job ASAP, even though it is difficult in present situation. Maximum you can get from ABH is 3 months which they told you already.

Good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/11/09 6:55 PM as a reply to Ramesh J.
I think ABH is quite lenient with you that they are allowing you time more than 3 months by somewhat way.

Yes, you have 3+2 = 5 months to look for a job.

Unfortunately it is the way, it is like. Nobody likes this rule but with a company dependent VISA it is risky!

Look for a job, in 5 months i think you should be able to find anything to extend visa.

Good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/11/09 9:53 PM as a reply to Ramesh J.
Hi Janemann,

in my view consult as soon as any good lawyer and that you can find here http://www.anwalt.de.

Furthermore be carefull, lawyer fee is very high, even consulting is also costly.

Try to search job as well.

Wish you all the best.

Jalal
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/11/09 11:39 PM as a reply to Ramesh J.
Hi Janemann,
After your studies 10/2008 , if they issued a job search visa it would be until 10/2009.
Now since you had a work permit right after it and now even if they give you job search visa (I presume they count the job search visa from 10/2008 from your Masters) it will be until 10/2009. After 3 months it would be anyway September and an extension of another 3 months might be even better than that.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott