Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Citizenship VS DE-EG

Toggle
Citizenship VS DE-EG
Answer
1/19/10 5:36 PM
now iam having DE-EG Visa and also completed integration course. By end of march i will complete 7 years stay in Germany (Student + job). Presently living in Bayern.

my question:
1. i think many Indians in this forum took German Citizenship some are in dilema whether to take it or not even tough they are eligible. If some of you (those who took German Citizenship) have time, could you please explain in what way German Citizenship is useful(or having advantages) compared to Indian citizenship????? and compared to DE-EG Visa???

2. After taking German citizenship, is it possible to take back Indian citizenship? if yes is that a big lengthy process??

Problem is Germany is not allowing Dual Citizenship as like USA.

thank you for your time
Sinu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/19/10 6:48 PM as a reply to ka sr.
Hi Sinu,

if you will allow, I'm not Indian, so I won't be speaking for them but it looks to me that you would like to play a game: take the German citizenship and if you find thereafter that it's not as pleasing as you think or thought it would, then try to take your Indian citizenship back. Personally if you are still stuck in this kind of dilemma, you better not take it at all, or may be you really don't know why you want to take it at all. I hope you ain't just following the hype around that.

I won't be able to know how big of a use it could be compared to an Indian citizenship but I think it sure will be advantageous for traveling as they are 150+ countries you can go to without visa, and I don't know how much you can while holding an Indian passport.
Compared to the DE-EG is the fact mentioned above and many others, just browse the forum as it is something spoken about in length.
So my advice to you: start getting your thinking straight and see what you would like for your life.
Life is only made of decisions, weighting the pro and cons and being responsible of what you do.

I had NE since 2005 and people around T7 know that I was one of the first to, and if you want to know the reason *I* took the German citizenship, it's because as a businessman and having my own company, I was tired of having to request visa to go see my clients, which made me loose a lot of contracts, so it was just a business decision as I haven't lost none of my privileges back in my own country and even if I had, it would have taken the steps for the sake of assuring a future to my kids through my business.

Many can consider it selfish, but they are the reasons I gave when I was asked to fill the form with the reason of me applying for it and as you can see, they didn't denied me the German passport.

So again, get your mind right.

Cheers,
D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/4/10 3:11 AM as a reply to ka sr.
The biggest difference between German Citizenship & DE-AG is that you can live in singapore for the next 10 years on a work permit and if you one sudden day changed your mind, you can come back to WESTERN EUROPE to live and work.

And India anyways gives you the OCI card, so you can stay in india with OCI card and also live happily there if you want to.

but with DE-AG, you will need to be in Europe and will not be able to leave Europe more than 12 months, even if you do and come back within 6 months, it creates a black mark for any future naturalization application.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/4/10 1:01 PM as a reply to ka sr.
Hello Sinu,
Please understand that govt of India hat the does NOT allow dual citizenship.
Govt of India grants Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) which most people mistakenly refer as 'dual citizenship'.

More details here:
http://www.nriol.com/immigration/india-dual-citizenship.asp

Cheers
Dee
0 (0 Votes)

How o retain NE-EG
Answer
2/24/10 2:42 PM as a reply to ka sr.
Friends,

I am an Indian and want to retain my NE-EG. Is it enough if I just keep visiting Germany once in Six Months? What are the other requirements?

Thanks in Advance for taking to time to read and reply

Mahesh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/24/10 10:05 PM as a reply to ka sr.
@sinu,

dont take german citizenship if you are not travelling much as Nobody suggested.
Being an indian one should never ever take german citizenship if plan to stay only in germany lets say for 15 years.

here it goes: (this is my personal view only)

travelling a lot across the globe ==> Yes take it.

planning to stay for less than 15 years and then go back to india ==> dont take it, you get all your pension otherwise it is virtually lost(wait time).

planning to stay in germany whole your life, irrespective travelling or not ==> take it, its bonus.

planning to saty in europe but want to try your luck for work in other countries ==> take it, as fall back you can always come back.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/24/10 11:06 PM as a reply to ka sr.
Hi,

Check this site for more info (got it in google):

http://nriinformation.com/questions_one.htm

bye,
mohan.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/10/10 3:16 PM as a reply to ka sr.
Thank you very much for your valuable answers.

one last question:
1.Person(holds German Passport) who is having OCI card is eligible to Buy/hold Property(Plots/Flats) in India? (Buying Agricultural land is possible that i know)

2. If its possible is it according to the India Laws.

Thank you
sinu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/11/10 1:27 AM as a reply to ka sr.
@sinu,

OCI holders are as good as any NRI minus the right to buy agricultural land and contesting political elections....

may be the restriction is due if Germany plan to buy whole of indian land/territory through OCI holders or to forbid fair/genuine/honest person to contest elections and pollute indian political system
;-)
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18