Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Credit Card Balance and stupid credit card people

Toggle
Do i get Pension Refund?
Answer
5/24/08 11:06 PM
Pension Refund.

Hello,
I worked in Germany for 2 years and left the country in 2005.
My friends told that,i can apply for pension refund after 2 years from the date i left the country.

I owe some money (2000 euros) to a creditcard company in Germany.

My question is:
Once i applied for the Renten, do Bfa deduct the money which i owe to the creditcard company in germany and send the remaining balance?

I know that this is an odd question. But it would be a great help if someone replies.

Thanking you,
RK
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Do i get Pension Refund?
Answer
5/25/08 2:17 PM as a reply to rekha r.
Can i assume you cheated a credit card company after knowing that you are going to leave germany and not come back.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/25/08 8:33 PM as a reply to rekha r.
You should clear your credit card dues. You know these are now EU wide and they also start to track people in other countries. If you ever want to travel to Europe again, I suggest you clear your dues.

I am assuming you have no intention of cheating them.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/26/08 1:53 AM as a reply to rekha r.
You can do SUCH thing in your country=? and still get away!! I know there is some kind of databse like SCHUFA. I guess credit card company book you in the SCHUFA database as it looks like you cheated. So, officials checked SCHUFA before dispatching your hard earned money, they found that you commit a foul. So, good luck..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/26/08 12:58 PM as a reply to rekha r.
@mail2rekha

What surprises me most is that you don't have an iota of guilty conscience, you should really be ashamed of yourself for degrading reputation of Indians in Germany.

What you have done amounts to fraud in Germany. I am sure the credit card company has already filed a police complaint against you and the court notice had been sent to your old address in Germany. I don't have to tell you what would happen to you If you ever turn up again in Germany.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/26/08 6:39 PM as a reply to rekha r.
@raj

you should stop making wild guess about the personal situation of others. If you can not reply in positive way then you should prohibit from taking the posted question in raw form and giving your negative views. Hope you got what i meant.

For example:
Instead of answering the query of 'mail2rekha' which is straightforward query, you are making guess about her personal situation. Which is not appreciable anyway.

@mail2rekha

"Once i applied for the Renten, do Bfa deduct the money which i owe to the creditcard company in germany and send the remaining balance?"

YES, any dues (defaulting/Schuld) are centralized in germany and before your renten amount is returned the dues are taken into consideration, so obviously your defaulting amount with credit company will be dudcted.

Good bye
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/26/08 6:51 PM as a reply to rekha r.
@rikudost

>>YES, any dues (defaulting/Schuld) are centralized in germany and before your renten amount is returned the dues are taken into consideration, so obviously your defaulting amount with credit company will be dudcted.

Can you tell me how you came to the conclusion?

As far as i know the relation between BFA and the client(RK) is none of the business of the Creditcard companies and no one can "deduct" and pay the rest. It is not the duty of the BFA to deduct the money. The credit card companies have to go to court to claim this amount and only if it comes to the notice. I dont think RK is goin to volunteer the information that he or she is goin to get money from BFA and nor does BFA.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/26/08 6:54 PM as a reply to rekha r.
@rikudost

>>For example:
Instead of answering the query of 'mail2rekha' which is straightforward query, you are making guess about her personal situation. Which is not appreciable anyway.

Well i morally dont like to support the actions of cheaters nor help them.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/26/08 7:46 PM as a reply to rekha r.
If u guys have heard the word "schufa" he would be certainly registered there as criminal and it just need one webservice call to get the whole status of that person from schufa :-)

so before giving him money ,his schufa status would be certailnly checked.
and he would have to give back the money with fine ...more he will delay more fine,intrest will be added and it can also happen that final amount he has to give can exceed to almost double amount he has to pay now..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/26/08 7:56 PM as a reply to rekha r.
>>If u guys have heard the word "schufa" he would be certainly registered there as criminal and it just need one webservice call to get the whole status of that person from schufa

Yes, we have heard about it. But i doubt he would be registered as a "criminal" but as a "defaulter"

>>so before giving him money ,his schufa status would be certailnly checked.

Why should the BFA do that? It is not the work of BFA to check the status of Schufa when giving money back.

>>and he would have to give back the money with fine ...more he will delay more fine,intrest will be added and it can also happen that final amount he has to give can exceed to almost double amount he has to pay now..

that is true, but only if he wants to travel to schengen states in the future. If he doesnt have to visit Europe then he does not have to care about it anymore.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/26/08 8:06 PM as a reply to rekha r.
@raj

"Well i morally dont like to support the actions of cheaters nor help them."

Would you please clarify for whom above sentence was posted.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/26/08 8:19 PM as a reply to rekha r.
@riku

It explains why i was not answering the query of RK
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/26/08 9:13 PM as a reply to rekha r.
@rikudost

Raj has a valid point. RK has left Germany after screwing 2000 Euro from creditcard company. Now that her own pension contribution is at stake and she happily wants to pay off the fraud (after 3 years!!).

There is more to worry about then just 2000 Euro, the creditcard company is no charity organization and they would certainly go to court to recover the money, and since she left the country, the court notice could not be served to her. This sounds very criminal, she can forget about ever entering Germany.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/26/08 10:48 PM as a reply to rekha r.
Akshay & Raj,

Thank you for your responses.
Your response seems,you are more pessimistic. growup guys !!!.

I know that nothing would happen if i ever turnup again in Germany. I stayed 8 years 3 1/2 months in germany.and for your info, i visited on Business visa just recently for a conference.
Due to time constraint i didnot follow up with the Bank.

I request you guys,not to come to any conclusion,before posting your comments.

Thanks
RK
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/27/08 1:35 AM as a reply to rekha r.

Is that your way of saying that you think you have cheated them out of 2000 euros?

Anyway, it is only a matter of time before they report it to SCHUFA. Good luck to ya.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/27/08 1:42 AM as a reply to rekha r.
>>I stayed 8 years 3 1/2 months in germany..<<

you shot in the foot, if above is true then you have around approx 50k Euros min at stake....assuming you draw on averge 5000 Euro per month. So, pay a serious thought to get your Rente, I would not mind if they deduct 2000 and pay you rest. consider yourself lucky then.

~~you miss all the fun when you follow all the rules~~
You proved this wrong!!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/27/08 2:01 PM as a reply to rekha r.
@RK

Your response seems,you are more pessimistic. growup guys !!!

No idea about Raj, but I for sure do a have pessimistic view about screwing people and getting away with it. I guess due to lack of experience, things might change when I grow up.

i visited on Business visa just recently for a conference.

I was seriously wondering what kind of conference you guys attend.

What is there the follow up? Are you expecting a warm welcome and nice cup of coffee with the bank manager? Just call them up and pay the money.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/27/08 4:32 PM as a reply to rekha r.
Hello Everybody,

I would like to request everybody not to push each other in this wonderful forum. We all owe a lot to it, so let's keep things simple and straight.

@RK

I am sure you have realised that we are interpreting your query in our own ways, which might (I sincerely hope not) or might not be correct.

If you do expect to get a valid response, I would suggest you to explain your situation in total (no more guesses please). You might have tried to concise your query, but in this case it doesn't seem to be enough.

We are all grown ups and we respect each other. And above all we TRUST each other.

Cheers.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/1/08 12:52 PM as a reply to rekha r.
@kanny

dear the question that you are asking has been discussed many times in this forum. Instead of searching this forum for your reply you are blaming others.

"But reading the responses to this thread, it looks like people are interested in making cheap fun on others"

I dont think so. Everybody has the freedom to say whatever he/she think is right without hurting others.

Afterall 'spaß ist Gesund'.

Have a nice weekend.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/30/08 4:01 PM as a reply to rekha r.
@kanny:

Yes, you can get a refund after 2 yrs of leaving Germany. Check out Trust7´s wiki:

http://trust7faq.wik.is/Pension_(Rente)
0 (0 Votes)

Credit Card Balance and stupid credit card people
Answer
11/15/09 11:11 PM as a reply to rekha r.
Hi All,
I had citibank savings account and citibank credit card in germany. I close them both (after leaving Germany 3 months back) just a fortnight ago. Citibank savings account department told me clearly that they would deduct my credit-card dues (as my credit card was set with instruction of dues to be settled by direct debit from my savings account since the first day) and transfer the rest of the money to my new UK account.
They did transfer the money. Few days later, I get letters from credit card saying something in deutsch. I called them up and I was told that there was 115.95 Euro due. Obviously somebody in credit card or savings account department made some mistake. Result, I have to do international wire transfer. cost of it = 25 GBP. I called credit card ppl asking who is to cough up this money, the lady at the other end was quite rude and not ready to help me out in finding who is to be blamed. So, can anybody sugest what to do?
Why should I cough up 20% extra money for credit card due, when obviously it is either the credit card people (who admitted that the account has been closed!!!!!! but there are dues!!!!! God knows how could you be so reckless and have the audacity to talk rudely to the person who is at the receiving end of your blunder) or the savings account people who has made the mistake. I anyway never understood deutsch and so, to be honest, I still don't know if the 115.95 demand is genuine or they are just cheating me. Anyway, any suggestions anybody?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott