Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Been in Germny since last 2 years and moving to UK to another job

Toggle
Hi,
I'm a foreign living in Germany for almost 6 year. Currently I hold the unlimited residence and work permit here (unbefristet Niederlassungserlaubnis).
My company wants to send me as Expat to another country, however seems like that, if it happens, I'd loose my permit status here.
Before, I was informed that, in order to keep my permit status, I'd need ONLY to be in Germany every 6 months. Does anybody know about it? Or, the fact of being outside Germany as expat would also be a restriction which would cancell my permit?
Thanks for the advice.
Marcelo
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Keeping the unlimited residence and work permit
Answer
7/15/09 3:13 PM as a reply to Marcelo Teixeira.
Convert it into D-EG as discussed in the other thread. If they are sending to another country within EU then it is valid upto 6 years and outside EU for 12 months.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/15/09 4:34 PM as a reply to Marcelo Teixeira.
Thanks Raj!
The scenario you mentioned (with D-EG) would need that I keep the german contract running? Or I could be 'transferred' for the time allowed and ensure to be here every 6 months only?
Rgds,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/15/09 4:44 PM as a reply to Marcelo Teixeira.
>>The scenario you mentioned (with D-EG) would need that I keep the german contract running?

Not necessary if you get permission from ABH

>> Or I could be 'transferred' for the time allowed

You can get yourself transferred and if you can get a letter from your company that it was based on business reasons you have to transfer to another country, the ABH will give you permission even beyond the 12 months which you get automatically with D-EG

>>and ensure to be here every 6 months only?

You dont have to, with D-EG it is once every 12 months outside EU.

So which country are you being transferred to?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/15/09 4:48 PM as a reply to Marcelo Teixeira.
transfer to Brasil.... detail, I'm brazilian (which could be easier or more difficult).
By Brazilian law, I need to have a work contract there, this is the reason of (maybe) not keep my contract (or keep it frozen).
Regarding this ABH you mentioned, what is this and do you know if the process to obtain is too long and complicate?
Thanks,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/15/09 5:15 PM as a reply to Marcelo Teixeira.
>>Regarding this ABH you mentioned, what is this and do you know if the process to obtain is too long and complicate?

ABH is Auslanderbehorde or Foreign office

Just drop into their office and explain your situation and ask for solutions.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/15/09 7:38 PM as a reply to Marcelo Teixeira.
let me know what you did..I am in a same situation like yours. One good thing is that I am getting a transfer to France.
0 (0 Votes)

Been in Germny since last 2 years and moving to UK to another job
Answer
7/16/09 12:37 AM as a reply to Marcelo Teixeira.
Hi All,
As I said, my case is that I have got NE since last 5 months but now I am moving to UK to another job. Is there a way that I can also retain my NE given that I am moving within EU only?
I am in Germany since last 2 years.

Regards,
Anand
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7