Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Re: Finally a German Citizen!!

Toggle
Finally a German Citizen!!
Answer
4/4/10 10:58 PM
Hi Everybody,
I finally got my citizenship last week. Im really thrilled and i want to thank all of you for posting and answering questions along the way.

This is an awesome forum and helped me maitian my sanity along the process :-)

My application took 12 months from the date of submiting my papers after completion of integration course and exams etc.

The reason it took so long was that i moved my Job during the application and was on probation. so they waited till my probation was over.

Im married to a German and so was able to apply after 3 years of living in Germany.

Iam really happy to be a citizen of this country and cant wait to recieve my Ausweis and Passport soon. I Feel i havent lost my Indian citizenship but rather gained one more. ( you can never really loose being a part of a country your born in right).

Next step will be apllication for PIO or OCI(if allowed in germany)

once agin thanks and ill be happy to answer any questions if i can.

All the best to all of you

Sheldon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/1/10 1:25 PM as a reply to Sheldon Fernandes.
I thought one has to complete 08 years?

Do you know how much time one has to spend in Germany if married to an EU citizen settled in Germany?

What were all the formalities involved in the procedure to apply successfully towards a german passport.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/12/10 4:28 PM as a reply to Sheldon Fernandes.
congratulations, I also got my passport this month. I do have a question: do you know if you need to inform the krankenkasse, rentenversicherung, bank, etc. that you got a new citizenship?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott