Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Tourist Visa for spouse

Toggle
Tourist Visa for spouse
Answer
12/23/08 1:41 AM
Pals,

last month my wife applied for tourist visa at chennai. she had the formal obligation letter with her when she went for the interview. the authorities duly rejected her visa for the reasons best known only to them. the lady who interviewed my wife told her that since i am holding a work permit in germany, she should apply for dependent visa and not tourist visa. i just dont understand their logic. so much to my confidence i even bought the flight ticket for her much before her interview.

now my question is, can one invite his/her spouse as a tourist or not?

last week i went to ABH to get back my money but the guy there told me that it has never happened to anyone before. he then made a note in the formal obligation letter and asked me to apply again. does that make any sense? am really fed up with these ppl and their half baked ideas. does it make any sense to apply again? its been hardly a month since they rejected her visa.

your inputs are much appreciated. Thank you.

rgds,
Rago.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/23/08 12:30 PM as a reply to Raja Rajan.
Hi,
My wife visited Germany three times with "Tourist Visa", the only document she needed was "VERPFLICHTUNGERKLAERUNG" from Auslanderamt here. You can call the Embassy in India and ask for an explanation why they rejected the application.

Good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/23/08 1:03 PM as a reply to Raja Rajan.
@Rago: You wrote:

[last week i went to ABH to get back my money but the guy there told me that it has never happened to anyone before.]

Which money you went to take from ABH? I never hear that you need to deposit money in ABH for visa.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/23/08 1:18 PM as a reply to Raja Rajan.
@Rago:
Since your visa is residence permit, the consulate generally assumes it as family reunion and they want to force such reunions on a reunion visa.

If its a tourist visa ( I presume you chose for a visitor visa which requires invitation) , you don't need an invitation , just a fligth tkt and itinerary from a travel agent and TA will do the processing.

I think now since it got rejected, guess there is no other choice than a reunion visa which might take 3 to 4 months.
cheers
Raj
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/23/08 4:06 PM as a reply to Raja Rajan.
@someonesome,

Exactly. i also thought the same and thats why i obtained the formal obligation letter for my wife. but the authorities in chennai had some other ideas.

@ UMTS,

I had to deposit 1600€ to obtain the formal obligation letter. huh? looks like they have different systems in place in different cities. i live in dortmund btw.

@ rajendrak,

since my wife does not know german we went for tourist visa so that she can learn german in germany itself. i am aware that family reunion visa takes time.

thanks a lot for your replies.

i am leaving to india day after tomorrow and gonna have a go at these trouble makers. after putting in so moch effort and money, its really painful to hear some silly reasons from these morons not to issue a visa.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/23/08 4:35 PM as a reply to Raja Rajan.
You wrote -"I had to deposit 1600€ to obtain the formal obligation letter. ____________________

I live in Bayern and just needed to show payslips for 3 months, the "meitvertrag" and that I have a unlimited contract with my employer.

I payed 25 Euro for the invitation letter.They never asked to deposit any amount of money!!!!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott