Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Re: Moving from Germany and ALG eligibility

Toggle
Hi,

I have been working in Germany for the past 4+ years and currently hold a Daueraufenthalts-EG. Now, I am moving to Norway (an EEA; but not an EU country) for a job of a limited time duration. The job has a 6 months provisional period.

I was wondering what happens if I lose the job within that period and return to Germany. Am I still eligible for the ALG?

Btw, can I claim the expenses for moving to another country from Germany?

Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions and info.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Moving from Germany and ALG eligibility
Answer
3/14/10 3:17 PM as a reply to Chandra Bindu.
Take a look at this link:
http://www.arbeitsagentur.de/nn_25634/zentraler-Content/A07-Geldleistung/A071-Arbeitslosigkeit/Allgemein/Anwartschaftszeit.html

But there are some pitfalls, so I recommend you speak to them about your plans, and get an opinion in writing. Otherwise you risk them telling you when you come back that you should have consulted with them. ;-)

One thing you can do is to register Arbeitslos when you finish your contract, and then immediatly ask them to put your ALG II to sleep until you return.

Normally you can claim the tax on the removal expenses, but there are conditions.

-a
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18