Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Changing job while on Company dependent visa

Toggle
Hello,

I have been working in Germany since Jan'11 and I am in the process of receiving a job from a new company.

My current visa is tied to the company for which I am working currently.
I want to know what do they really mean when they state that my current work permit is only valid for the company I am working for right now?

I know I can shift jobs, but what is really the essence of that statement?

Also, does my timer for getting the company independent visa reset when I shift to a new job?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/13/12 10:52 AM as a reply to Rachit Kumar.
anyone?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/13/12 9:35 PM as a reply to Rachit Kumar.
You have to to the Ausländerbehörde with the new work contract. They will do a Arbeitsmarktprüfung, meaning that they will check if this job can not be occupied by a German citizen or permanent residence first before allowing a non-EU applicant to be employed. If they find that there are no applicants which can fill the job, they will grant you the work permit for the new job.

After 2 years in the same company you are allowed to get a non-dependant work visa.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/14/12 9:42 AM as a reply to Rachit Kumar.
I already did my masters from Germany, dosn't that remove the condition for them to look for a suitable German/EU candidate?

That is what I was told when I had applied for my current job by Auslaenderamt.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/14/12 10:50 PM as a reply to Rachit Kumar.
Hi,

I am in a similar kind of situation, can you give me ur email id.

maybe we can share more things.

Bye
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/15/12 12:03 AM as a reply to Rachit Kumar.
Yes, if you studied in Germany, then you have this right. But this applies for specific studies like of Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and maybe also Computer Science (am not sure on that).
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/15/12 11:51 AM as a reply to Rachit Kumar.
There is no worry on that part, because I did my Masters in Mechatronics.

So in conclusion, if I change my job before my 2 years are over with my current company, the auslaenderamt should have no objection about it and they would also not have to do a market labour test, right?

Also, nobody answered my other part, will the time towards my company independent visa be reset, i.e, do I have to spend another 2 years with the new company to get company independent visa or my current time will continue towards it?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott