Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Time for Visa of family Re-unification

Toggle
Time for Visa of family Re-unification
Answer
11/19/11 5:06 PM
Greetings!
I am woman married on July this year with a German citizen. After marriage in my country ( whihc he only came for this wedding) we thought would be easier to go to German, but they said I should first learn German at the Goethe Institute and submit the A1 certificate plus the marriage certificates, passport size photos, 2 fully filled application forms and the invittation letter from the husband. I did all of them, i joined goithe for 2 months and got the certificate. My husband is living and working in Germany. But we are seeparated since August untill now. Am so crazy, because its already one month now since subtming my application, and i terribly miss need to be with my family. Is there aanybody who have gone through this? how long more should I wait? please help me..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/19/11 10:27 PM as a reply to Rahma M Karl.
This our case
My wife applied for visa in VFS on july.
visa interview date in august
and later we received a letter from consulate for verifying the Govt marriage certificate.
now when we inquired, consulate send us a letter on Nov mentioning the verification process is completed and now to wait again for 6 weeks---

From visa application date onwards its 4 months completed. still the process is not yet over --"Its a slow process"---?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/25/11 4:42 PM as a reply to Rahma M Karl.
Do have patience, as they follow a very defined process. Marriage certificate verification itself will take 2-3 months and also depends on the state / region you got married.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/1/11 6:25 PM as a reply to Rahma M Karl.
Ask your husband to enquire with his employer, if they provide any assistance for spouse visa.

I am working in Germany and my employer provided me with an "invitation letter" for my wife and I was told they will support me with my wife's visa process. THis worked out as a big advantage for me. In my wife's case, there was even no enquiry process for marriage certificate, just bcos she had the invitation letter from my employer. For my wife the visa took exaclty one month from date of application in Delhi embassy to date of visa granting.

Good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/12/11 10:20 AM as a reply to Rahma M Karl.
Hi,

I applied for my spouse visa on 2nd november this year. When I check with the embassy on the status of the visa they say it is in the german counterpart - alien office. So does that mean I will have to go through the verification of the documents after this or has the verification already been done. How much time does it usually take as I understand they will be closed for christmas.

Thanks,
Neha
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/12/11 11:58 AM as a reply to Rahma M Karl.
normally 3-6 months, In our case 5 months.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/18/11 7:28 PM as a reply to Rahma M Karl.
It can take 4-6 months time, all depends about the decision the German Aliens office takes, sometime verification, German Language, etc.,

If you are lucky you can get the visa in 2-3 months also.

No one can advise on right time, just wait and watch.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/9/12 10:11 AM as a reply to Rahma M Karl.
Is it possible to apply for a tourist visa once you have already applied for spouse dependant visa?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/9/12 10:06 PM as a reply to Rahma M Karl.
NO!! you cannot make 2 applications at the same time. Depending on your place of residence it might take between 2 to 6 months to get the visa stamped in the passport ........Good luck!!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott