Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Help! Child Visa Application

Toggle
Help! Child Visa Application
Answer
12/1/07 3:00 PM
Hello All,
I am Chiru living in Hamburg, Germany and hold a valid WP until Sep'08. My wife is currently in India for the delivery our baby in mid of Dec'07. Now I am collecting information on Child Visa application procedure and request for information on following points from the group:

1) I found on the German Consululate website that now there is new process for Verification of child birth certificate:
i) Can anyone give me details of this process plus duration of the same?
ii) Is this a mandatory process now or case to case basis?
iii) It will be helpful to know any personal experiences in this context to prepare myself better for the application process.

2) Do I need to get "wohnraum nachweis" for the child visa application? And what's the format of this form and where can I get it from?

My wife has left Germany in Oct'07 and has to come back within 6 months (first week of Apr'08) with our child otherwise her visa will expire and we would have to apply new visa for her as well. So, I am a bit concerned about the very short duration we have for the child visa processing (which will include getting passport for the baby, birth certificate and then Visa). In this context, I would like to know the recent experiences and learnings of the group members for child visa processing. Any spl. precautions and points to speed up the process?

Thanks a lot for your help and I await your quick reply on this.

Cheers,
Chiru.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/2/07 1:34 PM as a reply to Chiru Jain.
Hi,
Could you call me on my land line no
0711-9357676.
I could share some info with you..
Girish
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/4/07 7:20 PM as a reply to Chiru Jain.
Hi Chiru and Girish,

Can you share your experience with me , I am also going through the same situation.
please mail me your number (Girish If possible mobile number) at vivek79@gmail.com.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/7/08 7:05 PM as a reply to Chiru Jain.
Hi,

I am also going through the same situation. Could you please provide me your experiences.

sivakumar.perumalla@gmail.com

If possible could you please post in forum, it would be better for all (who is looking for this kind of information).

Thanks and Best Regards,
Siva Kumar.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/8/08 5:28 PM as a reply to Chiru Jain.
Hi Siva ,

I was really lucky to get the visa for my kid within 1 month of application. Here are the Steps I followed :

1. Get the birth certificate (English translation, As I got it in Hindi) of your kid asap.
2. Apply for the passport for your kid (Tatkal Scheme will process it in a week time, If you have some sources you can get it done in a day or 2 (I got it in 2 days)). For passport of the kid you will need anexture I n H and filled form with thumb impression of you kid.
3. Once you get the passport go to german consulate and apply for Long term Visa and inform them about the expiration date of your wife's visa.
4. Normally it takes minimum 3 weeks to get any information from ausländeramt in germany. keep calling/visiting (after 3 weeks) them. Ask your HR people to help you in this regard.
5. Mean time prepare set of following documents
a. Health Insurance Bestätigung for you kid (from date of birth), wife and yourself
b. 6 months salary slips
c. 3 months bank statments
d. anmeldung papers for you and your wife
e. Arbeitbeschenigung from you office.
f. Schufa Clearance for both of you
g. house contract
6. Once your documents are here , you will be asked to visit them , normally It takes time to get the termin (a week), but in my case HR people made it ohne termin. So I just visited them
7. If they are happy with all the documents provided by you , they will send approval to consulate
8. next day your wife (or someone else) can collect the visa

I hope I have provided all the information.
you can mail me at vivek79atgmail.com

All the best
vivek
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/21/08 5:31 PM as a reply to Chiru Jain.
HI Vivek,

What is this Schufa clearance and what for?

Cheers,
Chirag
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/12/08 6:51 PM as a reply to Chiru Jain.
Hello Vivek,

I am in an exact situation as Chiru. I had applied for the visa of my newly born child in mid Jan 2008 and till now there has not been any developments. And the Auslanderamt guy says that I might have to wait till this month-end.

The serious part here is my wife has to return to Germany latest by 1st week of Mar, else her visa gets void. And I don't know what to do. My wife has even tried pesuading the German Consulate in India to speak to the Auslanderamt, but it didn't work out. Could you please suggest what could I do?

As for the Schufa, I don't know much about it since I never had to get into this. But will it still be required for my child?

cheers,
SN
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/13/08 10:57 AM as a reply to Chiru Jain.
HI SN,

Schufa is an agency which takes care of your credit history. For example if you have taken a loan or something to buy a car. This loan will be registered at Schufa, you can fill the form on "https://www.meineschufa.de/index.php?site=7" then press Jetzt Bestellen.

Regarding tricky situation of Visa expiration , I would you talk to people at ausländeramt here in germany to hurry up the procedure., as consulate in india will not be able to help you.

Other possibility is that you get a letter faxed to Ausländamt from consulate in India , stating that " your wife has arrived in India on ..... and she is waiting for her sons visa applied on...." Please issue her a letter which allows here to stay outside germany for more than 6 months.

Other option your wife comes here for a day or 2 and goes back. BUT make sure this option is valid as ausländermat in Köln told me that she will have to stay here again atleast 6 months to avoid that rule of 6 months outside Germany. But I remember Siva Kumar's (look previous post) wife came for a couple of days. you can ask him about this.

If you need any other info contact me on

vivek79 at gmail.com
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/13/08 11:30 AM as a reply to Chiru Jain.
Dear Friends,

I will give you a small tip:

Go the ABH. Explain that it takes time to get passport and visa in India.
So you need a letter that they allow your wife to stay in India for more than 6 months.

Now this is just for your satisfaction.NO ONE CHECKS IF SHE WAS IN INDIA FOR more than six months. THERE IS NO STAMP and ABH has no system to have this info.

BELIEIVE ME.

Now as far as your visa is concerned the delay can be mitigated again by talking to ABH if they have received the papres from India.Expalin them that they should fax the ok. and if they can give you a copy of this fax.send this copy to your wife and she should go with this to german embassy.

ABH can refuse to give you this fax. Geta name name from german embassy to whom the fax has to be sent and give this to ABH.

AND NEXT TIME: GET YOUR BABY BORN HERE IN GERMANY.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott