Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Cheapest driving school in Düsseldorf

Toggle
Hi,

I want to have a normal class B driving license.

Can you guys share your experiences like how much did it cost you

and

how much did your driving school cost per hour?

Cheers.
FK
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/17/10 10:38 AM as a reply to Flame Khan.
Hi,

I am not living in Düsseldorf. Hence I can't give you info on this. But I can give you some general info.

Do you have a license from your home country/ are you doing a Umschreibung? Then it would cost you a little less than taking a fresh driving license in Germany. For me it costed 800 EUROs including

1. Registration charges
2. License translation by ADAC
3. Photos
4. Eye sight test
5. First aid training
6. Driving school charges (including 10 classes)
7. Theory material cost
8. TÜV theory + practical exam costs

For me the cost of driving lesson per hour was 29€ for city driving and 37€ got Autobahn. This would vary based on the city where you live. I shopped around and brought down the price a bit. You should ask the school to bring down the Grundgebühr. This is normally in the range of 200€+ and you should try not to pay more than 50€.

Don't go simply by the offer by driving schools. Normally, the driving instructor would inform you when you are ready for the test and you would be taking classes until then. Even if the driving school offers a real cheap rate, it just needs 1-2 extra classes for them to make up for this. Better is to check with your German friends/colleagues etc. and find a reputed driving school.

All the best

Regards,
Nirmal
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/18/10 12:09 AM as a reply to Flame Khan.
Hi,

I am not living in Düsseldorf either. I also did a change of license and the costs are mentioned hereunder;

1. Registration charges (Ordnungsamt 43,- euros)
2. License translation by ADAC (37,- euros)
3. Photos (already have, so 0,- euros)
4. Eye sight test (7,- euros)
5. First aid training (14,- euros)
6. Driving school charges as follows;
10, euros grundebuehr
22, euros Th. vorstellung
68, euros Pr. vorstellung
10 hours x 31 = 310,- euros
7. Theory material cost (shared with a friend so 45, -euros)
8. TÜV theory + practical exam costs (120,- euros, as opted for theory test in english)

TOTAL COST = 676, euros

Grundgebühr was 100,- euros but I negotiated and got a special price of 10,- euros :-)

Please note that I passed both theory and practical tests in the first attempt, If you fail any of them than there should be additional cost.

Good luck!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/19/10 1:16 PM as a reply to Flame Khan.
I would suggest to look for a good driving school instead of the cheapest. I know who had to change the school later after getting problems. with cheaper school you might have below problems:

- May be - relatively less professional trainer! you dont have good time in learning or you end up doing more practice hours which would cost you even more.

and if this leads you to fail exam then cost will be even higher and will consume more time and effort.

best would be to look for a school with a good reputition in around you.

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/20/10 3:26 PM as a reply to Flame Khan.
Hello Guys,

I am living in Frankfurt and will have to start my driving lessons from the beginning.

Any suggestions of a good driving school?

Regards,
Vasuja
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3