Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Student Visa to Work permit. Help Please!!!

Toggle
Dear Trust7 users,
I have the following problems. I am working as a scientific assistant (half time) for the past 4 and half years. At the moment I have got a job in Munich and I want to apply for work permit. The problem follows: I registered as a student in order to get few benefits at the University (such as cheaper housing, tickets and optionally I can go for phd). I went to the AB but they said "if you are registered as a student then you need to finish your studies before applying for AE:-(.

In this case what can I do? Can I ask the company people directly apply for the work permit in Munich? Because they never did this stuff they are not sure about the work permit processing.

Or else can I just cancel my student status and get "compleated with no examination" kind of stuff?

Or can I approach a lawyer to apply for work permit ?

I have student status only until September 30( also my visa is getting over). What shall I do.

Waiting for your suggestions.

Thanks and Regards,
Senthil.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/6/07 6:58 PM as a reply to SENTHILKUMAR RAMACHANDRAN.
What kind of visa do you have? Is it according to AufG§17 or AufG§16?
Did you do your MS in Germany?

There must not be any problem to switch from your current status to job. I know many of my friends have switched from PhD to job without finishing the PhD.

Best regards

mk
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/7/07 12:07 AM as a reply to SENTHILKUMAR RAMACHANDRAN.
1- Try to tell AB about your actual status that you were SA and so you were student. You were not doing degree. So now you plan full time work permit. You can get this written by the University or Institute from where you got Immaktrikulation. I am sure this will solve problem.

If this also does not work then try to change your anmeldung to a diffirent AB and try your story there. This also many times works !
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
8/7/07 2:30 PM as a reply to SENTHILKUMAR RAMACHANDRAN.
Hi mk and sensitive007 ,
Thank you so much for your informative reply. I was not sure of the processes before. I am clear and I shall proceed as you suggested.

Perhaps MK can you give me if you have the email-id or phone number of your friends who switched from Phd to job ? That could be helpful for me.

Once again thank you so much for your reply.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/7/07 2:32 PM as a reply to SENTHILKUMAR RAMACHANDRAN.
For MK's info I have §16 entitled in my visa. I hope that would not be a problem to change. And initially for the first 4 years I had only Aufenthalsbewillingung. Just a year back I had §16 entitled because of a letter issued by our secretory. from there on only I have §16.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott