Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Visa Extension or Discrimination

Toggle
Visa Extension or Discrimination
Answer
8/7/07 10:39 AM
Hi *,
I got an impression of Discrimination(bzgl. Verlängerung des Visums der Familie) from Ausld. Amt.

I wanted to ask, whether is there any law, which states that the validity of the visa must be in accordance with the validity of the passport.

Though, I got my GreenCard Visa(for 5 years), while the Reisepass was not fully valid till that timeperiod(5 years).

Then, I got Visa of my children till 16 years upon mother's passport(ofcourse, not valid till that time period as well).

Now, I should have got a Visa Extension of 2 years for wife, but was given visa for only 6 months, claimining, that the Reisepass is valid till next 6 months.

I argumented the above facts, but in vain, and so wanted to ask, if there is anything in Law, which could help to argue about. Or, I cannot do anything in this regard.

Gruss,
A.T
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/7/07 3:19 PM as a reply to A. T.
Hi A.T,
As far as I know you may get only visa until you have a valid passport. I am sure that you can get a new passport in Germany (check this link for indian embassy in munich and also other embassy links given here http://www.cgimunich.de/) from the region where you live. It only takes a week to issue a new passport. Pleas apply as soon as possible and get a new one.

I hope this would help! Other than that you may not claim to issue a visa when the passport is not valid.

SK
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/7/07 5:47 PM as a reply to A. T.
Hi,

When you have Greencard, your wifes Aufenthalt is depending to yours. She cannot get AE for a longer time than yours.

You have to expand the validation of your own reisepass (if required of your wifes too), then your can get 2 years AE for all of you.

In my case it was so..

Kaan
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3