Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Re: About the Tax class

Toggle
Distance learning-MBA
Answer
11/2/04 3:31 PM
Hi,

I would like to do MBA as a distance learning programme (because I am working as an Engineer). Any one knows any universities in Berlin or anywhere in Germany where I can do this ?

Thanking you,
Nagananda
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Distance learning-MBA
Answer
11/2/04 5:12 PM as a reply to Vinod B.
Hi,

I had the same dilemma some time ago. A friend of mine, who is teaching at London Business School, recommended me one of the best distance learning MBA program from Europe which is : http://www3.open.ac.uk/oubs/germany/
I'm very pleased with them and what is more important their MBA degree is recognized worldwide even in US!

BR
Krisztian
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/2/04 6:02 PM as a reply to Vinod B.
Hi
Thanks for the link. I checked it but there are no figures of the cost per credit or anything related to the cost of the MBA. Any ideas about that?
Thanks
Zash
0 (0 Votes)

About the TAX class
Answer
11/2/04 6:15 PM as a reply to Vinod B.
Hello I am a GC holder, And start working since Nov.2001. I am married in August but my wife will come in Germany on 16 december. I know that my TAX class can be change only if My wife will register here.My question is If she register herslf on 16 Decemer, then Can I get the TAX reduction of whole year, If yes then what should I have to do. If someone has experience or knowledge about that.....
Thanks in advanced
shahid
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/2/04 7:00 PM as a reply to Vinod B.
Zash,

You can ask them! I have to pay around 18000 EUR altogether
for this MBA program which lasts 2.5 years.

Krisztian
0 (0 Votes)

Re: About the TAX class
Answer
11/2/04 7:29 PM as a reply to Vinod B.
@Shahid

please start a new thread next time you got a subject different than the one you're writting in.

About your problem, you can do nothing about that, you will still get your tax as normal, only that the month she will come, the tax calculation will be different.

I had quite the same problem, but as my wife came on June, my Steuerberater manage to get me the whole year considered as Klass 3. And as he told me that time (more than 2 years ago), it was only possible because she came during the first half ot the year.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/3/04 10:00 AM as a reply to Vinod B.
@Shahid,

As Nobody suggests, you should start a new thread. Anyhow, regarding your TAX klasse question. Here, I would add to what Nobody said that my wife joined on Aug last year and was adjusted to get the TAX refund for the whole year.

What they normally do that if your wife joined you in December, you can try to get it change from December 01 or better Nov 30, 2004 which seems to be last date to change.(confirm at Rathaus or from Steuerberator)

Anyhow, you dont need to do anything. If your wife can come earlier(in Nov), then go to RatHaus and ask to change your class. They may ask you to first get Aufenthalt from AA before they change it and they give the reason that the TAX refund is paid only if your wife has a minimum visa of more than 6 month limit.

So, for this, they will register your wife at Rathaus on the same day(when you went to change your TAX-klasse) and this data will be required by AA to let them give your wife Aufenthalt. There, you may ask what they require additionally (like snaps, your work contract, your Wohnung contract etc). So, after that, you may go again to Rathaus to finally change your TAX-klasse.

But, you can go to Rathaus now to ask about the procedure within your city.

Hope, this helps a bit!!!
GC
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/3/04 10:05 AM as a reply to Vinod B.
@Shahid,

One point I missed here that before they would register your wife, you would be required to update your status from "Ledig" to Verheiratet and for that they will require your "Heiratsurkunde" both translated in English and German and the translation should be attested by the relavant authorities from your country(For English and your native Language only). For German Heiratsurkunde, you need to consult "Dolmetcher/Translater" to do this thing ready for you now. Take an appointment within Rathaus or go their within their specified timings.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/3/04 11:02 AM as a reply to Vinod B.
@Shahid:

The best can be, if you get your marriage certificate's english translation attested from foreign affairs office. But even if you get it attested from a Noteri Public (a special licenced lawyer), it is also accepted here (I have always provided my papers only noterized).
Of course you'll have to submit it along the German translation as A.T has said for which I normally goto ADAC.

Regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/3/04 1:54 PM as a reply to Vinod B.
@Khokhar:

Is the translation from ADAC valid? Do you need it attest from some Notar again?

I translated my Indian Driving Licence by Avd (http://www.avd.de/)
as they asked for lesser charges that ADAC.

-Fred
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/3/04 9:02 PM as a reply to Vinod B.
@ A.T.
I am an Indian and getting married with a girl from Czech Repblic in the mid of Dec. this year. Can I also change my Tax status from 1 to 3 or it will be too late by that time.
Greetings
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/4/04 10:25 AM as a reply to Vinod B.
@suarora

I am not from India, but as neighbour, I would suggest you to try before Nov 30, 2004. If still you fall in December, then go there and request to change the date for the Tax-purpose.

Rest, it does not matter, what nationality you hold. But, the only thing is that you should be living in DE, and the sponsor(to whom you married, whether you need to sponsor or not) should be married and carrying valid(orig/attested copies and translation in Deutsch)docs. and have valid AE more than 6 months.

As said before, you can get further info from your local city Rat-Haus.

GC
0 (0 Votes)

Re: About the Tax Class
Answer
11/4/04 2:44 PM as a reply to Vinod B.
Hi Fred,
from my experience, yes the ADAC translation is valid. I used ADAC to get my old drivers licence translated and verkehrsamt accepted it.
Regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Distance Learning MBA
Answer
11/4/04 6:16 PM as a reply to Vinod B.
In order to start an MBA you should have at least 5 years of working experience(of course having a Bachelor degree as minimum) this is the direct path to the MBA the other one is when you don't have such experience you have to enroll a preparatory management course which lasts 1 or 1.5 years after finishing it you can go for the MBA. I had exactly 5 years experience from which only 2 years pure management oriented, I have been admitted this year to the MBA program. You should ask them if they accept your indian bachelor degree.

Krisztian
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/4/04 7:17 PM as a reply to Vinod B.
"you should have at least 5 years of working experience", that's quite funny because I got two friends of mine finishing their MBA with... 0 years of experience. I know they got 0 year because they finished their studies here, became German (after a fake asylum for one and a fake marriage for the other), stayed here without any job, and they moved to the UK and got themselves doing MBA with hope of better chances in the market.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/4/04 8:00 PM as a reply to Vinod B.
Hi Nobody,

I don't think that your friends could have entered for instance the London Business School or other prestigious MBA school for instance in that way. It depends on the school where you want to apply.

Greetings from Heidelberg !

Krisztian

P.S. I'm that tall guy with whom you had a beer together with Wajeeh last summer emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/5/04 11:47 AM as a reply to Vinod B.
Hi all,

Coming to the question of doing MBA, Would like to do an MBA(but not a distant one, a Normal classRoom one).Would be nice if someone could clear the following questions:

[1]Do we have any Universities here in Germany which offers MBA(Normal,Classroom study) in English. For eg:- Government Run,in that case I guess the fees one has to pay would be much lower compared to the private ones.

[2]
Can we get admission to these government run Institues for MBA ?
What are their criteria for selection...

Thanks..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/5/04 11:59 AM as a reply to Vinod B.
There are lots of Gov MBA, but...
Actualy MBA is USA name. In german it is Volkswirtschaftslehre or Betriebswirtschaftslehre or Ökonomie.
So if so called MBA belongs to Gov then it has german name and must not be accepted in USA. It is usually for free.
But german schools are seldom organized as Bachelor and Master.
More often as Dipl. Studiengang.

Original US MBA is never for free, but one can get Stipendium.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/5/04 12:23 PM as a reply to Vinod B.
Okay,DVD.Thanks for ur quick answer.

But,I guess the German Universities are now offering MBA's
with the title "MBA".
Have a look into the Ludwig Maximillaan university website.

About U.S recognised "MBA" in Germany .Could u suggest
any universities in Germany(Munich Specially)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/5/04 1:32 PM as a reply to Vinod B.
RFH in Köln gives an MBA in cooperation with University of East London, the design of course and study is very good for working people and I think it is a good compromise to get an MBA from an English University. check the following link...

http://www.rfh-koeln.de/wDeutsch/Studienangebote/Masterstudien/MbA/index.shtml?navid=33
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/5/04 1:50 PM as a reply to Vinod B.
Hi Guys,
I have some links for you in this regard

http://www.b-school-net.de/
http://www.staufenbiel.de/index.php?id=17

Good luck

Rajesh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/6/04 2:18 PM as a reply to Vinod B.
There is a business school in Stuttgart as well in English. But it costs almost 24000€. With the open university UK, I guess the problem as far as I am concerned is I have over 5 years of experience, but it's not a management level experience.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott