Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Re: vodafone contract termination before end date

Toggle
dear all,

I am very sick and tired of this Vodafone bills. We bought this flat 3 contract 2 yrs back and thought all the phone numbers given to us were included in this flat 3. No explanation was given on buying (friedberg shop). we were given 3 numbers - home no, post paid no and pre paid no and was told after 1 yr we need to pay 5 euro per months for the post paid. after 1 yr we shifted are home, we was told that we need to sign one more contract for 2 yrs to do the transfer of connection. for the past 6 months only we started the internet banking and came to know vodafone charges us too much which wasnt told upon buying. one 35euros for the flat 3 and they also 60-80 euros/month for 5 fone numbers which we didnt even know. when we asked the customer care then they told that in the new modem we have one sim card and the other one we still dont know.
To end these contracts we need to inform them before 3 months we were just 3 days late they have already extended are contract without even asking us.
For each and every thing they send so many sms and letters they also send so many ads via sms why cant they send a reminder for this?

Now since our visa is also going to end we tried to explain them that we may return back to our home country and terminate our contracts before our visa ends after hearing everything after agreeing and after asking us to send documents and letter so as to terminate it before our visa ends, we receive a letter that they will terminate 2 yrs later that is our original contract date.

we dislike their service because we were not told clearly that we have two more extra numbers and they will charge 29euros for post paid. we was just told 5 euros.

with total dissatisfaction is a customer allowed to end these type of contracts?

Any experiences?
I know mistake is on my part too, for not checking the bills, but I had no guesses just completely trusted.

Thanks in advance.

Padmaja
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/09 12:22 PM as a reply to p s.
Hi,
I myself had similar experience with O2 and Vodafone. The trick that worked for me to come out of 2 years loop was that I made a new contract changing the current tarif to one which can be terminated any time (tarifwechsel). I had to pay 1 month for this even I was not using the phone, but still considered this better to get rid of O2 and Vodafone contracts.

Decided not to have any sort of contract with any mobile provider in Germany, just using a prepaid one now.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/09 12:48 PM as a reply to p s.
Interesting to know I am not alone in this Germany.
Thanks for your reply. I too agree pre paid is enough.
Any more experiences from our T7 members?

Padmaja
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/18/09 11:33 AM as a reply to p s.
Get your abmeldung done around 1 month before your exit. and provide this while termination. I got out of Arcor with this way. But in real sense i was moving out of germany.

rgds
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/21/09 6:10 PM as a reply to p s.
Hi,

Have you read all the tiny script so called 'AGB' on the back of your contract?
0 (0 Votes)

How to terminating/transfer 1und1 connection
Answer
4/24/09 12:49 PM as a reply to p s.
Hi All,
I am planning to leave Germany. I have 2-yrs contract with 1und1 which started in Dec2007 and now if I want to terminate it sometime in June2009, does it mean I have to pay them the amount till Dec2009. What makes things complicated is that I have got a NE and I don't want to goto the foreign office and deregister myself. If I have some proof other than deregesteration that shows I do intend to leave Germany, will it help me to terminate the contract without paying unnecessary money till Dec2009?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/24/09 1:35 PM as a reply to p s.
Hi,

NO. You have to show abmeldung
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/24/09 6:37 PM as a reply to p s.
Thanks quicky for the quick reply :-)
Assuming that what you say is correct and there is no choice, can it be done that I send them a termination-of-contract-application-letter and pay the money till Dec2009 (when the contract ends) in advance as I won't like to maintain a savings account in Germany when I plan to leave the country. Any idea on this?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/24/09 9:46 PM as a reply to p s.
ask for termination with immediate settlement of dues till Dec 2009.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/26/09 1:26 AM as a reply to p s.
Hi,

If you have abmeldung then you can terminate the contract on the spot...There is no need to pay till Dec 2009.suppose u have abmeldung on monday i.e.27th then u don't need to pay from next month.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott