Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: out of germany for more than 6 months.

Toggle
Hello all,
I'm living in Germany for more than 8 years and having a NE status.
my spouse is living here on a dependent visa (valid till may 2010). due to her study semester she need to travel outside EU for more than six months (8 months in total).
we ask the ausländerbehorde but they say that the visa will automatically expire after 6 months and there is a law only for the NE holder giving them permission to stay outside of EU for more than six months (§51 AufG).
does anyone here know any law/rule to stay outside of EU for more than 6 months on a normal dependant visa?
thanks in advance and kind regards,
ranajee
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/27/09 3:36 PM as a reply to afzal aziz.
apply for a new dependent visa when she wants to come back
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/27/09 4:34 PM as a reply to afzal aziz.
Either do what raj mentioned, or ask her to go for 4 months, come back for a couple of days or 1 week to see you and leave again for another 4 months. In this case she's not outside Germany for more than 6 months at once. This is my idea, not sure if it will work.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/27/09 6:40 PM as a reply to afzal aziz.
Hi Ranajee,

I have already posted this issue and availed this option, please search the forum.

Regards
Mushtaq
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/27/09 8:18 PM as a reply to afzal aziz.
Hi

Search for the tag, hope it may answer all your questions.

Spouse can stay out of Germany for ">" than 6 months, YES

Regards
Mushtaq
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/28/09 12:11 PM as a reply to afzal aziz.
@ ranajee

search the forum. the question has been aked manytime. She should apply for extentsion to AB and say why. It is possible.

http://www.trust7.com/en/foren/visa_questions/ne_status_during_secondment

http://www.trust7.com/en/foren/visa_questions/validity_of_residence_permit/re_validity_of_residence_permit__1
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/28/09 2:41 PM as a reply to afzal aziz.
thanks for your input.
@AxEnNeSo
it will be counted as 8 months/year out of EU, I already asked it from the A.behorde.

@Pandey99
both of the link which you provide are relevent for NE holder or for settelment permit and not for resident permit (§51-7 AufG).
BTW, before posting the querry, I already had a extensive search on the forum but could not find a definate conclusion.

@mushtaq
thanks for your post.
Spouse can stay out of Germany for ">" than 6 months, YES

Do you have relevent link to any law which I can show to the behorde.

regards,
ranajee
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/28/09 4:18 PM as a reply to afzal aziz.
Hi,

As already said she can come back once with in these 8 months and stay for a week and go again. Really nobody will know. Border control in Germany is not that effective, they would only know if you tell them. You are safe as long as u keep quite.

One of my friend did it for 2 years, stayed out of germany and visiting in between every 6 months. He is back now in germany since 1 year and working here without any problem.

vamsi.
0 (0 Votes)

can one deregister and still retain NE, even if it means only for 6 more mo
Answer
6/1/09 11:14 AM as a reply to afzal aziz.
Hi All,
I hv decided to move to another country. I have got a NE.
To cancel my phone contracts and some other such things, before stipulated contract-time, it can be done only when I am deregistered.
That requires me to deregister myself from my present foreign-office. Is it possible to get a deregistration letter without losing the NE. The logic can be how do I know that the new place I am going to, I would like enough to stay more than 6 months. Who knows, I get fed up within 3-4 months itself and want to come back to my present employer (assuming he is willing to take me back then).
Can somebody throw some light on this?

Regards,
Anand
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/1/09 12:59 PM as a reply to afzal aziz.
Most probably, if you deregister you cannot keep your NE. Even if the ABH official says deregister does not affect your NE, better not do that.

Try convincing the phone company with your anmeldung in the new country, that you have left the country.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/1/09 2:24 PM as a reply to afzal aziz.
Hi Stutt23,
Thanks for your reply. Phone company, I may try to wind up saying that. But what about deparments like Trash, SWU etc. etc.?
Do you have any idea how to ask them to stop deducting money from my account and such wind-ups, how are they done?

Thanks,
Anand
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/1/09 3:11 PM as a reply to afzal aziz.
Even with Abmeldung it is not sure you cancel the mobile and internet contracts without paying any money. Nowadays there are charging money to cancel the contracts earlier. Thats the cost you have to pay for keeping your NE. Other things like electricity, Abfall etc can be cancelled anytime saying you dont live in the address anymore.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/4/09 6:09 PM as a reply to afzal aziz.
it is possible for you to get a exemption to stay outside germany and still hold your NE. This is what i got but not sure if this works. I will only be able to tell for sure when i arrive again in germany after staying in india for more than 6 months.

I got this exemption as i had a offshoring contract with a german company and me as a director of a offshoring company in india, i could convince the ABH. She has given me a letter for this exemption under §51 AufG. The only problem with this is after my current passport expired i am not sure how to get it on the new one.

About abmeldung you will have to do it after you get this and thats what i did . Termination is a headache nowadays, but thats the price you pay for the exemption. For some like Arcor i could cancel but T-mobile charged me for the entire 2 years period.

rgds
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18