Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Re: Need help urgently...(SOS)

Toggle
Need help urgently...(SOS)
Answer
12/10/04 10:36 PM
Dear trust 7 community, Hi all,
I need your help on urgent basis. Providing me with information will be enough for me to pursue further.
I studied master in IT in Germany for 2 years. My job search was quite unsuccessful for 2 months, but now the university has offered me a half position as teaching and research associate. The standard full package is 33k per annum, so under half position I will have to work 2.5 days a week and I will get 16500 annually. Please let me know:
1. If I can get work permit, since it is a teaching and research position?
2. Is it possible to get work permit/GC, if another company/ies offers me some projects for rest 2.5 days and help me get enough money?
3. If I have enough projects from different companies, can I get a visa/work permission as financially independent person?

If you have some positive news or suggestion please help me soon, as time is running out like sand in hand.

Sincerely yours'
T7
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/13/04 11:51 AM as a reply to Noman Sattar.
Hi,

Dont worry!!, You dont need any work permit to work in a University(If this job is a research job). You just need a paper from Arbeitsamt( which they will sign in 5 min) that this job is Arbeitserlaunis frei!!. I have dont his 2 years before and it is very easy to handle if you have a paper from th personal department of the Uni.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/13/04 10:11 PM as a reply to Noman Sattar.
Dear Rajesh,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually it is not pure research, it includes teaching also.
1. Will it still be considered the same as pure research job?
2. And is one allowed to get paid for it?
3. If paid, do all other liabilities remain same as normal job (income tax, medical insurance, social security, pension fund)?

I would be pleased if you could provide me with some more informaiton on this possibility.

rgds,
T7
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/14/04 11:22 AM as a reply to Noman Sattar.
off course you will get paid but you should know better. you made a deal. ;)
Renten and all insurance will also be paid and you can in the mean time search for full time job.
If you want NE latter, that time will also be counted in 5 years treshold.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/14/04 11:45 AM as a reply to Noman Sattar.
Hi,

It doesnt matter whether your job involves teaching or not. Normally, The university would give you a Wissenschaflicher assitant/mitarbeiter status if ur job involves teaching and research. Please check with BAT stufe which you get.

If you have BATII/a , then it is a good salary to start up.

If you have a 50% contract , you cannot work as a GC for the rest 50% ( You can do only one job as an employee of University)

The university will give you only a contract maximum for 6 years for any Wiss/mitarbeiter contract and this 6 years will get in to account of all research jobs which you have done before!!

Wish you good luck

Best Regards
Rajesh
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7