Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Spouse visa delay

Toggle
Spouse visa delay
Answer
1/19/12 10:12 PM
Hello everyone,

I live in germany for last 4 years with residence and work permit. Recently, i got married in india and my wife applied for visa. Within 3 weeks, they asked for verification and we sent the documents for it. Within 6 weeks , they sent back the dcouments saying verification is complete. In the next 3 weeks , i got a letter from foreigners office to submit rental contract and salary slips which i did. Its been three weeks since and i havent heard from them. Totally, its 15 weeks.

My wife holds Masters and Phd in biology , so she didnt submit/complete the A1 certificate. When i contact foreigners office, they told me the consulate has to take a decision on the my wife language requirement.

Do anybody have similair experience like this ? i thought the procedure was complete, but still, my wife doesnt get a reply from consulate ? can anybody advice me on how long it will take ?
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Spouse visa delay
Answer
1/20/12 4:26 PM as a reply to madhu dev.
Hi,

Best thing is to contact the local Auslander office. Please make sure you contact the office which comes in your district where you live

I too had the same experience, I went and told them its been weeks, don't know what happened, in next two days, all are done

thanks and regards,
KabelBw
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/20/12 9:58 PM as a reply to madhu dev.
Hello,

Thank zou for your advice. i did contacted the local auslaenderbehoerde who processed the visa. they only said the consulate has to take a decision. The consulate help lines are hopeless. i have not much choice but wait !!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/23/12 2:38 PM as a reply to madhu dev.
HI
I have applied for spouse dependent visa in aug and in january my husband got visa approval mail from german embassy after lot of follow up and when i called chennai embassy regarding this they said that it will take time i dont know whats happning its already 6 mnths passed im very much worried pls help me.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/23/12 10:53 PM as a reply to madhu dev.
Since yur husband got visa late, it could also delay yur processing. Did they ask yu for verification procedure ? did yu submit A1 certificate or ask for exemption using a masters's degree ?

the verification process can last for 3 months and this cud delay the whole processing. maximum is 6 months. So yu can expect it in Feb !

Btw which place in germany are yu coming to ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/24/12 1:45 PM as a reply to madhu dev.
Actually the thing is we have applied for dependent visa in aug 2011 and my husband got his visa in sep and he left for berlin and then, when he contacted local embassy in germany they said our files missed somewhere, and in dec they received our files,and then jan we got family visa approval from german embassy after my husband rigorous follow ups ,and now today i got mail from chennai embassy for marriage certificate legalisation,and i dont have any idea when we will get our visa finaaly and how much time this all process will take.And please tell me tat i have done pgdba from symbiosis pune so will i get exemption from A1 certificate.
thanks for your reply.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/24/12 2:27 PM as a reply to madhu dev.
Marriage verification can take from 1 month to 3 months. yu need to wait until this process is completed.
Regarding A1 certificate, PGDBA, i am not sure if it qualifies for masters degree. Also the embassy decided the exemption for A1 certificate based on many factors like relevance of yur study to german job market , university etc. My suggestion is that yu attend a A1 course during the marriage verfication process and get it done. In case if they dont accept yur PGDBA , then yu can immediately give yur A1 certificate without loss of time. A1 certificate will be helpful when yu come here.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/24/12 2:56 PM as a reply to madhu dev.
@shilpa1985

It's hard to believe that visa process takes up so long.
As you said you applied in Aug for the visa and not to be harsh you can finish off even B1 level in this time so A1 level would have been easily done.

if you want a German dependent visa you cannot escape the German language requirement.even though if you get exemption in German embassy in Chennai you have to finish your B1 level in Germany to get the further visa extensions. So if you finish A1 level in India, it can be little easier to get around here and can start directly with A2 in Germany.

my suggestion would be instead of looking for a exemption it would be easier to finish off A1 level, which takes 6 weeks ( 4hrs a day) to finish off. As you got the marriage verification which can take up to 3 months you have time to finish off A1 level in India.

As you said we got family visa approval from german embassy after my husband rigorous follow ups

I mean you are saying your husband contacted the local foreigners office (Ausländerbehörde) in Germany.As a rule of thumb people should not interfere (poke with frequent calls) in the officers(beamter) work. They have their own set of guideline and the timeline to process a visa application. Poking in it by calling and asking the status everyday will offend them and make them to follow the rules more strictly.

Our experience--- my wife got her dependent visa stamped and posted to home within 5 weeks of our application in Chennai embassy. we didn't contact the Chennai embassy or the local foreigners office in Germany. All my wife's friends who applied with her got the marriage verification bcz they were calling right form the second day they applied for the visa.

@Germantrouble
were you able to get the exemption from German language requirement.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/24/12 4:54 PM as a reply to madhu dev.
Thanks everyone for the reply.And let me tell you all that i have completed my german A1 course but not from goethe coz its really very far from my place and i found it difficult to manage wid small kid. And i think its really a very tough rule tat to go to germany one shud learn german language i really feel very strange but cant escape. And like poking about foriegn officials is we did only after 3 mnths and then they told us tat our files are lost so if we dint even asked them they shud not even informed ud and we were thinkin that our visa is processing.so this what happned and in my case 5 months is over now again the process is on from the start and marriage verification will take 3mnths so total 5+3months is 8 months.its really sick to apply for visa if this is a condition.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/24/12 10:40 PM as a reply to madhu dev.
@shilpa,since yu have already done A1 it shudnt take much time to give a exam at geothe institute without course. in chennai it costs a bit more to give a exam without taking the course. This rule is bit annoying , but we cannot do anything since its another country.

@coolguyinwup,
Verification is done in most cases nowadays. only 10 % escape the verification. I dunno based on what factors, do they give this verification exemption. My wife applied without A1. The proccessing went smooth so far both at germany embassy at chennai and at local office in germany. When we last made contact to embassy, they said we will get our call in 4 days. its been a week no call. so i am not sure if we get the exemption. what do yu think ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/25/12 12:35 PM as a reply to madhu dev.
@Germantrouble

abt the marriage verification was my observation from around 25 cases. In most cases people who were behind the ausländerbehörde troubling them by calling every other day have got the verification. These are just my observations... may be there are wrong.. but just for the info.

I hope you get the visa without any further hassles.

@shilpa1985

If you have finished the A1 course you can just take the A1 exam from Goethe institute. its not compulsion that you should do the course from Goethe but the exam should be a done by Goethe. 50% of people who take the exam at Goethe don't attend the course there.

I mentioned about calling Aulänerbehörde bcz u said in your previous post
and then Jan we got family visa approval from German embassy after my husband rigorous follow ups.

And regarding the A1 language requirement, its a rule which has been introduced after a long research. so nobody can escape it. If they do it in India they can't here in Germany if you want to stay for long term. Believe me knowing the language a bit will help a lot once you are here.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/25/12 12:57 PM as a reply to madhu dev.
coolguyinwuppertal
@Thanks a lot for ur suggestions.Those are really helpful.so im initiating for marriage certificate and hoping for the best but i knw it will take three months so in april i will be getting my visa .so in the mean while i will write goethe exam which is on march 16 in hyderabad.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/12 9:44 PM as a reply to madhu dev.
Hi Shilpa,

I am just over a month into putting in my application.

Did the embassy ask you to get in touch with the foreigners/immigration office? I was wondering if I should ask my husband ( a german citizen) to get in touch but I am not sure if this is frowned upon?

The embassy website says they won't entertain enquiries before 12 weeks has passed since the date of the application but there must be some way to track the progress?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/12 10:37 PM as a reply to madhu dev.
@ laal21
My husband has only contacted german embassy after 4 months and in your case i think its only 1 month over so you should wait for some tme.And in the meanwhile get a A1 certificateie(basic german language certificate) if u already have thn no issue and according to my experience to get german spouse visa one shud have patience cz minimum it will take 6months and for me its 7months plus so wait nd hope for the best.
ALL THE BESTemoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Spouse visa delay
Answer
2/19/12 12:46 PM as a reply to madhu dev.
Hello All,

I applied for my spouse & kid visa in the month of aug2011 along with my application.All of us submitted the passports and then I received the entry visa but they received just the reference numbers. After that i travelled in sept2011 and received my residence permit in dec2011. Then i followed up in my local ABH and finally the immigration officer sent me an email on jan mid 2012 stating that he has given approval fr my family and they will here from the chennai embassy soon. But on end of jan2012 my spouse recived an email stating that the immigration office in germany needs a verification of the marriage and birth ceritifactes of my spouse and kid.so accordingly we submitted the documents in the end of jan2012 to the consulate in chennai. But our comapany's visa dept in germany again followed up with the immigration office in germany about the state as they felt very strange(we recived a mail clearly stating that we got an approval frm the immigration officer but the letetr which we received from chennai consulate states that it was requested by the authorities in germany). So again we received an email from the same officer once again in the mid of febraur saying that he didnt requested for any verification and he said that he will be writing an email to the consulate in chennai if there is an misunderstanding as requested by us. I also called several times to chennai embassy. every time they give different replies stating that a) 2 weeks back: they conveyed that it was requested by the consulate in chennai b)last week they said that it was requested by immigration office in germany. I am totally confused and not understanding who is doing the complete mess in my case. Is there any possibility to report my case to any authorities in germany so that they can take up with chennai embasyy or else is there any possibility to directly speak with the concerned visa officer in chennai who handles my case? early replies are highly appeciated....thanks for all in advance
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott