Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Duplicate Indian Passport

Toggle
Duplicate Indian Passport
Answer
2/20/09 9:29 PM
Hello,

I am an Indian national and work in Germany. Few weeks back my Indian passport
got damaged and I applied for a duplicate passport at Consulate General of India,Frankfurt.

Now I received a duplicate passport along with my old(damaged) passport. So, my questions:

1. Do I need to contact 'Ausländerbehörde' and get my duplicate passport stamped for visa?
2. I plan to travel to India next month, any necessary steps that I should take regarding this duplicate passport before my Journey?

I am new here, and this is my first entry. Kindly share your information on this issue.

Prakash
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/20/09 10:30 PM as a reply to prakash bansal.
Yes, you should get your new passport stamped for visa.
Now your duplicate passport is new passport. So using duplicate word is not correct in my view. Please do not throw your old passport. Atleast for the first time you should carry it with you, since your last jounrey dates are stamped on it. Last year I had my new passport and while visiting India, I had to show my old passport at New Delhi airport.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/21/09 11:13 PM as a reply to prakash bansal.
You need to do transfer your visa (visum übertragung) on your new passport.

Its usually done immediately and it costs less (guess 10 euros) than normal visa fee.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/25/09 11:39 AM as a reply to prakash bansal.
You dont have to transfer your visa into ur new passport. You just have to carry ur old passport with you and at the immigration show both the passports to police.

vamsi.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/25/09 11:50 AM as a reply to prakash bansal.
hi,
Its better to transfer visas to your new passport(atleast the German one, as its easy and costs you 10 euros or less).
If there are multiple visas (eg: US/UK etc) , then you need to carry the old passport as well when traveling to those countries.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/25/09 11:08 PM as a reply to prakash bansal.
Hi,

As it turned out, I got the German visa stamped on my new passport. All they asked me to bring was a Biometric photo, both the passports and 10 euros.

It hardly took them 5 minutes to stamp the visa on my new passport.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Prakash
0 (0 Votes)

Dependent visa issue
Answer
2/26/09 7:17 PM as a reply to prakash bansal.
Dear friends

I am quite new to this forums and want to explain the situation of one of my friends. He has Daueraufenthalt-EG and his wife worked for 2 years and has quit the job as she was pregnant. All this time she had her own work permit of the employer and now that she has quit the job so she has to convert to dependent visa. When they went to ABH they were told that they need to verify marriage certificate before they can issue a dependent visa.

She was already in Germany since more than 5 years, she studied here and worked for 2 years. They got married 2 years ago and its strange that inspite of paying taxes during her job for 2 years(both she and her husband have tax class 4 and they issued these tax class as they were married and both were working) ABH now want to verify the marriage certificate and they sent the application to German embassy, Newdelhi.

Does someone know how long the process might take. As she was pregnant ABH said that they will write this in the application to German embassy,New delhi to make the marriage verification process faster and it seems they spoke very well(she being pregnant). As her residence permit will expire shortly (the one which she had during her job time) so can anyone suggest for a fast process in this matter??
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/10/10 3:38 PM as a reply to prakash bansal.
http://www.berlin.de/labo/auslaender/dienstleistungen/abh-faq.html

- Termin can be done online at the closest place of residence
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/29/10 8:39 PM as a reply to prakash bansal.
hi im indian too can u tell me how many days they need indian embassy frankfurt for new passport bcz i have ow my danaged passport with german residence viza 1 year plz help me
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/30/10 8:52 PM as a reply to prakash bansal.
In my case, to get a fresh passport, on completion of the old passport, it took 5 weeks in Berlin.

"Transfer of" German residence permit visa to "new passport" is a MUST in Germany (and Optional for U.S.A visa if issued)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/31/10 1:09 AM as a reply to prakash bansal.
hi fnd my indian passport is damaged and now i all ready apply for new passport but they give me duplicate passport and when i get this passpot can i trevel to india with this passport bcz my damaged passport have no any stamped i enter here illegal but my damaged passpot is not a comlete bcz imiss 6 pages of my passport so can i go india with my duplicate passport . thanks in advance plz help me
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott