Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Re: Car Insurance Kfz-Versicherung (DvD)

Toggle
Car Insurance Kfz-Versicherung (DvD)
Answer
9/7/05 12:40 AM
Just two weeks ago, I bought a car. But I am facing big problem with insurance. I contacted with some Insurance companies. No one accepts my previous driving license (Home country driving license-HCDL). My HCDL is 9 years old. Long ago, I even used it here in Germany for renting car. However, two months ago, I got new German driving license.

Can anybody tell me which company accepts HCDL or offers cheaper car insurance?

@DvD: In one of your thread, you said, one company accepted your home country license.
Could you please let me know the company name?
my email is: hellseher.x@gmail.com

thanks, folks! :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/7/05 12:31 PM as a reply to Hellseher X.
Hi,

you can try with MLP insurance, as they are the only one I know, give 100% with the new German License. Hiring a car with HCDL is different thing, as you can use your driving license for the first 6 months of the stay in EU. You can try to get a letter from your home insurance company which says that you had been insured with them since last X years.

Good Luck !
Peacy
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/7/05 12:38 PM as a reply to Hellseher X.
@Peacy:

But then the car you drove in your home country should have been in your name.

Coz my Indian Driving Licence was 6 years old, but of course I was driving a car which was in the name of my Dad !!

I went for MLP, and they offer 100% for all "Akademiker"
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/7/05 7:52 PM as a reply to Hellseher X.
I used KRAVAG and they accepted my Croatian driving licence and my Croatian Bonus so I got 50% instead of 240% in HUK.
I do not know will they accept some other country.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Car Insurance / MLP
Answer
9/9/05 11:53 PM as a reply to Hellseher X.
Thanks, guys.

HUK didn't accept my previous insurance in Home country.

I sent two mails to MLP main office at Heidelberg and also branch office, Stuttgart. Funny thing is both MLP employees offered me different thing.

stuttgart: they would accept previous insurance years. So they offer me 100%. As I took a "driving safety training", I would get also 5% RABATT!!!

Heidelberg: They would not accept my previous insurance years but offered 100%. They would also not give any RABATT on my safety training!!

The stuttgart MLP is 4% cheaper!!!!

Anyway, I discussed with my colleagues (today car insurance and MLP were hot topics for our lunch-time discussion). All of them have very negative impression on MLP. They said, if there is any problem they don't help. Even they don't pay rightful claims. None of them was a victim, but their friends or somebody they have heard. So I bought a review over 66 Car insurance companies from FinanceTest.

http://www.stiftung-warentest.de/

Surprisingly MLP is not there!!

I wonder, whether they are marketing others product. If anybody of you insured with MLP, could you please tell me, whether MLP car is their own product or they are marketing some others product under their name????

Is there anybody who claimed insurance from MLP???
Please share your experiences on MLP, if you are a customer of them.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/11/05 6:43 PM as a reply to Hellseher X.
Hi,
I am with MLP for the last 2 years. I started with 100% without any previous Driving Experience, Now its 75%. Started with Vollkasko, but now i have Teilkasko. Their services are good, both in communicating with clients and also claiming tthe damages.
I have softtop to my car and recently someone tried to stole the car, by cutting my softtop, due the alarm, i was lucky, got police report and called MLP telling them the situation(I was not sure if MLP is going cover this costs or not, but made a call, they said that i have theft insurance and this will cover damage caused, also assured that this will not effect my next year premium costs). They told me to goto any service shop and asked to call them from the shop to discuss the damage and the costs. They replaced my softtop with new one, the only condition i had is i have to pay €150 from my pocket, rest they will pay. Everything was smooth and no hassels either from the service shop guys nor from MLP, they both were communicating eachother.
In all these cases, i did only two phone calls to MLP. I feel MLP is good for a foreigner who start their driving in germany. I didnt have any problems with them.

Concerning about two different words from two different location, check if the person in Stuttgart is an AGENT to MLP or Employee to MLP. Coz Agent gives different words, which has happened to me, he told me that my premium 100% will last for 2 years, but MLP-Heidelberg sent me confirmation that it has been decrease to 85% ...

Krishna
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/14/05 12:51 AM as a reply to Hellseher X.
Thanks a lot, Krishna!
Today I talked to that lady. She said, she is an employee of MLP. I think, after reading Krishna's thread, I am convinced enough to select MLP, although two of my colleagues still tell me to be careful!!! :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott