Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: “Van der Elst Visa” for non-EU nationals

Toggle
Can some explain (if now) what is the meaning of
“Van der Elst Visa” for non-EU nationals in Germany
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/5/06 4:47 PM as a reply to Johnny English.
Guess its the same as NE-Daueraufenthalts being discussed in the other thread

Check
http://www.workpermit.com/germany/van_der_elst_visas.htm
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/6/06 1:29 PM as a reply to Johnny English.
The effect of the ruling is that any non-EEA employees who have been in the EEA in the employ of the service provider for more than 12 months need not obtain additional work permits, they only need to apply for a van der Elst visa.

Does it mean that if I have been worked in Germany or I am working right now, I can apply for 'van der Elst visa' i.e NE at once without this 5 years waiting,work,60 moths rente and so on?
Or, I was working, quit DE, and want to come back...in that case I do not need Arbeitsamt markt proof, work permit from employer and related stuff...

I need bit more explenateion if someone knows better.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/6/06 2:57 PM as a reply to Johnny English.
Max,
"Van der Elst Visa" is NOT NE.. it is just a work-permit with a simplified procedure but aimed to EU companies which move their Non-EU national employees across the EU-Trade zone to do their business..(in other words, simplified work permits for non-EU National employees of the EU Companies, when they want to operate in another EU Country..(e.g Subsidiary) ) nothing more nothing less..

So the conditions for obtaining the NE remain same, how did you make any connection between NE and this Van der Elst stuff.. ?

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/6/06 3:26 PM as a reply to Johnny English.
any non-EEA employees who have been in the EEA in the employ of the service provider for more than 12 months need not obtain additional work permits, they only need to apply for a van der Elst visa.

@lacrima
Thats why.
I have understand that it is valid only in DE.
In this link nothing more is written, and from the above...I got - I was working 12 moths...gone, back afther 2-3 years and now I have right for residence and work without going over old chekings and so on...
So fulling 5 years..going on with the Pharagraph 9. - NE.
Also...if it is as you say...means that only those who are coming in DE can do so, but not going out from DE (example AT,DK,ES...), because other EU countries are not taking this kind of visas...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/06 12:04 PM as a reply to Johnny English.
it is new for me.

maybe Lacrima is right but important question are:

is this visa valid for different companies?
can you get it alone or must company do it?
is it valid if you loose job?
for what period is it issued? permanent?

if this all is true than it is much much better than anything else. it would be like EG but after 1 instead of after 3 years.

try it out max! just call them or send an e-mail.

Beside, you have job now, right?
When can you expect NE?
Where are you and family?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/06 1:06 PM as a reply to Johnny English.
The "Van der Elst Ruling" refers to a ruling in 1994 in the European court. The ruling was based on the right of an EU company to provide services across the EU.

The ruling found that 3rd country nationals ( after being legally resident in an EU state ) have the right to work in EU states for their EU firm for short periods of time. Eg. your software firm can send you to another EU state in order to implement software at the client's site.

Some countries ( including Germany and Netherlands ) have accepted the Van der Elst Ruling while others have ignored it. The countries that have implemented this have a fairly streamlined process with some processing visas on a same-day basis. Maximum time allowed on the visa is 6 months.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/9/06 12:11 AM as a reply to Johnny English.
One of the interesting questions about this ruling is what happens with mono-personal companies. If you start your own company with yourself as sole employee, should you be able to send yourself to where your customers are, as competition laws do not allow discrimination based on the size of the company?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/11/06 7:47 PM as a reply to Johnny English.
So, I guess the right place for asking would be Auslanderamt.
It is for my friend who wanted to start again in Germany...

@DvD
I am working in another town, and my family again in another town(Hannover). Like our destany to be divided...but in the new job is going well.
Not on NE and do not run anymore for it.I got normal visum till end of March 2007. I will go then and ask for verlangerung when the times come.
I believe that after 6,5 years they can not push me out from DE for 24 hours just like that, even if they did...so what.
I was very seeck man, and I am trying to stand on my feet and live again. That's what I run for it now.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/19/06 10:33 PM as a reply to Johnny English.
@max
So family is in Hannover. And where are you?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/4/11 7:28 PM as a reply to Johnny English.
What is the maximum time one can work with "Van der Elst" Visa in Germany ?

Thanks,
Gopi
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/10/11 5:36 PM as a reply to Johnny English.
Somebody , please tell me , if you know ? emoticon I have searched a lot for this. couldn't get the required information. For Netherlands, they mentioned it as 6 months maximum. wondering what could be the maximum time in Germany, They have not mentioned means, no time limit or what ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/10/11 5:40 PM as a reply to Johnny English.
@Max check this, somebody already explained it well http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091020035712AATR8K1
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott