Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Marriage certificate attestation (?)

Toggle
Marriage certificate attestation (?)
Answer
6/29/10 1:32 PM
Hi community members,

I am about to start the visa process for dependant visa for my wife. I got married in court and we have the required certificates issued from court.

I came to know from people around that the marriage certificate should be attested/authenticated from the external affairs ministry in India when applying for the spouse visa, although from the embassy website, I couldnt find any such info ..(I might hv overlooked although)
My question is: Is this really true that the marriage certificate needs to be attested from the external affairs ministry. And if yes, whats the process of getting the marriage certificate attested.

Looking forward for your comments/suggestions. Thanks in advance.

ABH2010
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/29/10 2:32 PM as a reply to Desi Desi.
hi,
as your marriage certificate is registerd in court, i think its not need to get attested from external affairs..

german consulate will verify the marriage certificate with an agent during the family reunion visa application, it will take 8-12 weeks and also verification cost is 15000/- RS.

u have to provide photos and bills regarding for the proof for marriage if the matter of verification required from german consulate. i think now for every family reunion visa,consulate required verification

The whole visa process will take an approx 6-8 months.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/29/10 6:21 PM as a reply to Desi Desi.
In India we do not have yet, a centralised registry to check civil records. MoE will attest without thorough check whether the marriage is legal or not. Secondly, the German consulate have to verify whether the MoE attestation is genuine.

Due to the above reasons, German consulate will not insist on MoE attestation. In any case, they will seek verification through their lawyers.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/30/10 7:13 PM as a reply to Desi Desi.
Thanks for your response guys.

In the meanwhile I had also asked the embassy by email about the same. They promptly replied me with the same answer. For a marriage certificate, it doesn't need to be attested/authenticated by MEA. However if the certificate is in some regional language and is translated to English, then the translation does need to be attested by a notary.

So now my doubt is clear.

Thanks again.
Cheers,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/17/10 1:55 PM as a reply to Desi Desi.
Hi ABH2010,

I just started the process for my wife. I would like to know if you have received the visa since it has been around 12 weeks since you applied. If yes, congratulations! how many weeks did it take?

Regards,
Paul
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/21/10 12:45 PM as a reply to Desi Desi.
I believe it depends on the EMBASSY Location

-Chennai embassy of Germany DONOT list the requirement for attestation from MOE AND home ministry

-Calcutta embassy of Germany List those requirement..remember "AND"

-Good luck dude and please correct me IF i am WRONG
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3