Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Spouse VISA Rejected

Toggle
Spouse VISA Rejected
Answer
1/11/12 4:17 PM
Hi,
I came to Germany in the month of october and my wife applied for visa on jan 2,2012. we did not submit the german language course certificate as there is an exception that if you are not going to stay in germany more than 5 years, you dont need the german certificate. But she recieved the rejection letter today saying "Please complete the language and re-apply".

I would like to know if this VISA rejection will have any effect when we apply for the VISA next time along with the language certificate.

Please help me.
Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/11/12 5:02 PM as a reply to Hemaht kumar.
you can reapply, there will be no problem..

You do not have to prove any knowledge of German if one of the following statements applies:

You or your spouse are citizens of a EU member state of theEuropean Union (excluding Germany).

if your working for international company in which your stay in germany is for less than 3 years (deputation)..(the period should be mentioned in the contract

if your wife is having master degree eligible to get job in germany( this shall be based on decision of consulate

Your residence permit as
highly-skilled worker (§ 19 AufenthG).
researcher (§ 20 AufenthG).
company founder (§ 21 AufenthG).
person entitled to asylum (§ 25 (1) or § 26 (3) AufenthG).
recognised refugee (§ 25 (2) or § 26 (3) AufenthG).
holder of a permanent right of residence from other EU
countries (§ 38 a AufenthG).)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/11/12 8:32 PM as a reply to Hemaht kumar.
Hi,

If the visa is rejected due to some genuine/reasonable/understable reason (as in your case), the rejection is has usually no influence when you apply next time. Same happen with me too, albeit the reason was different. Just ask her to complete the course and apply again.

Thing is that the rule keep on changing without prior information to the applicant and my expereince says that result of the same application may vary from one consulate to the other.

All the best.
Tony
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/12/12 1:19 PM as a reply to Hemaht kumar.
Thanks to both of you for the positive reply. I was little worried but i am glad to hear that it would not be a problem.

I have one more question. Since I am from India, I learnt that the marriage certificate would be verified if its genuine by the VISA dept and it would take around 5 weeks of time.

I would like to know if I get my marraige certificate legalised or attested during the time my wife completes the course, will it speed up the process???

http://www.india.diplo.de/Vertretung/indien/en/06__Consu__Visa/Consular__Services__India/attestation.html
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/18/12 1:22 AM as a reply to Hemaht kumar.
@akh..

attestation probably won't help in anyway (fact is: Indian documents are not seen worth trustworthy, so how come they believe a mere attestation to be fair)

So far I have seen for my colleagues, if both your and your spouse have updated marital status and each other's names on your passports, then there are "relatively" less chances that they will call for a marriage verification.... else it becomes a high chance (specially in just-married cases) that they will call for verification, and it takes more than a month generally to get it thru!

~rgds
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/18/12 9:42 AM as a reply to Hemaht kumar.
Hi,
Can you tell me in how many days - after submission of application where you informed of the visa rejection?
I had applied my docs on 2nd november but have no news from them as yet! Iam quite stuck as Iam unable to travel to Europe!

Thanks,
Neha
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/19/12 5:48 PM as a reply to Hemaht kumar.
@asc

Thanks for your suggestions. Even I found that they have their own verification process and getting an attestation is not going to change. However I am planning to add my name to wife's passport as she is in India currently. I hope that it would minimize the verification process.

@Neha
It was rejected in a weeks time and it was clearly mentioned about the german languange certificate. In your case, may be they are verifying the certificate or visa is getting processed with German embassy here in germany. Do let us know your experience once you get to know the result.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott