Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Time frame for spouse visa

Toggle
Time frame for spouse visa
Answer
9/16/10 5:26 PM
Hi Everybody,

Based on individual experiences, please let me know how much time it take to get visa approval for family reunion, including marriage certificate and birth certificate of kid verification time. The German consulate site says 12 weeks without verification process, and verification processa alone 12 weeks so in total 24 weeks (6 months).

Actually we applied together visa for residence permit through VFS banaglore, and i got visa approval within 3 weeks of application date (may be because i have been frequent visitor to germany and applied as Guest Scientist), but for them i got a letter to submit some more documents and 15 k INR for verification.

Now i am just waiting ....also they have mentioned on site that they willl not entertain any query before 12 weeks. So it will be highly appreciated if somebody can tell me based on their experiences how much time generally it takes.

rgs
r
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/16/10 5:38 PM as a reply to Rajeev Jha.
call them after 12 weeks...doesnt take more than that for verficiation.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/17/10 2:16 PM as a reply to Rajeev Jha.
hi rajeev,

same story at my end. i got my visa (valid for 3 months to get work permit done) in 3 weeks and after that we got a letter to submit the marriage certificate for verification. on mumbai, delhi and kolkata german consulate websites it says it takes 4 weeks, however on chennai german consulate website it says it takes 8 - 12 weeks. so i too would like to know how much time it took for others.

regards,
paul
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/17/10 3:32 PM as a reply to Rajeev Jha.
Hi Rajeev & Paul,

As per our experience, for marriage certificate verification 10-12 weeks is the Standard time.

In our case, it took about 10 weeks for them to complete verification process.
We tried to call German Consulate, Mumbai 3-4 times in between but they said marriage certification verification process is still going on.

We don’t know what the hell they were verifying.

Finally after about 10 weeks, Auslandsamt in Germany received the Verification report.

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/17/10 4:36 PM as a reply to Rajeev Jha.
hi max,

you mentioned "Finally after about 10 weeks, Auslandsamt in Germany received the Verification report". i am guessing that in your case you were in germany and your wife was in india. however in rajeev's case and mine it is not actually a spouse reunion since both the husband and wife are in india. after my wife gets her temporary 3 month german visa (i already have received mine) we shall go to germany and apply for the permanent residence together. is my understanding correct or is it only after i get my permanent residence will my wife get her temporary 3 month german visa.

regards,
paul
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/17/10 5:05 PM as a reply to Rajeev Jha.
Hi Paul,

You are correct. I was already living in Germany since last 4.5 years when we applied for spouse visa for my wife.

In your case, I think it is advisable to clear these things (about extending your visa) with Auslandbehörde.

Best luck for quick visa for your wife.

regards,
max
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/20/10 12:07 PM as a reply to Rajeev Jha.
Hallo

My wife has applied for the Spouse visa in the last week of August at Germany Embassy in Mumbai.

Till now she has not got the letter from the consulate asking her to submit the Demand draft and marriage certificate.(3 weeks completed)

Can anybody tell me how much time it will take for the letter to come?

AM
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/21/10 9:12 PM as a reply to Rajeev Jha.
Hi Am
It is very much possible that they might not require formal verification of certificates in your case. Then you will get the visa earlier taking out this verification time.

Rgs
R
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/22/10 12:48 PM as a reply to Rajeev Jha.
Hi All,

I request anybody to tell me what will happen in this case???
A person who applies for residence/work permit for germany gets entry visa for three months, to enter into germany and get residence/work permit stamped in this three months. Thats clear.

Now suppose person has to come back urgently after a week in germany and in this time he could not complete formalities regarding residence permit stamped. And after coming in india he completes his urgent work and then ready to go again next month, can he enter germany again on the same entry visa what he got at first time and complete all formalities this time after reaching there second time on entry visa.

Regards
R
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/22/10 1:01 PM as a reply to Rajeev Jha.
Rajeev,

cannot understand the logic of yours

Anyway,

Residence Permit wont be issued on the day you Arrive. You need to check with Auslandbehörde and get the Termin first which will be minimum two to three weeks from the day you arrive.

But you can do Anmeldung in Rathaus on the next day you arrive irrespective of whether you stay in Hotel or Wohnung. atleast you have done the minimum fomality

then you can fly back and check other alternatives back Home
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/28/10 1:20 PM as a reply to Rajeev Jha.
Hi All,
I received the original documents of my wife and kid with a letter stating that "verification process has been completed and verification report has been sent to Germany. Wait for 6-8 weeks for reply from germany".

So now what this means, may i assume that they did not find any falsification in document or i have to wait for reply from germany and still there is chance that they will not like my documents as per their satisfaction.

Please tell me if somebody has gone through this process.
Regards
Rajeev
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/28/10 2:32 PM as a reply to Rajeev Jha.
Hii Rajeev

How much time it took for the entire Verification Procedure ?? (starting from sumbmiting the Demand draft for marriage verification to final verification letter)

Frontpage
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/28/10 4:15 PM as a reply to Rajeev Jha.
Hi Frontpage

I have sent all the documents including marriage snaps, Draft etc through registered post on 24th August and i received the documents yesterday through registered post. Though the letter inside is dated 23rd september.

Did you also apply for family visa, if yes which cosulate you are applying.

Rgs
R
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/28/10 6:29 PM as a reply to Rajeev Jha.
Hii Rajeev

My wife has applied for the spouse visa at Mumbai consulate. I just got a letter from the consulate asking me to submit Demand draft for the marriage verification.

@ Marriage verification : will the Person who is goin to conduct the verfication call before coming?

Frontpage
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/28/10 9:04 PM as a reply to Rajeev Jha.
Hi FrontPage!

I have no idea how they do the verification as no person either call or visited my home in this regard.... Thats what your question was?

Rgs
R
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3