Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Convert Schengen Business Visa to Work Permit

Toggle
Friends, I need urgent help from this forum!

I am looking to relocate to Germany, presently working as a "Software professional" for a Multinational company here on a "Schengen Businees Visa."

I have really started developing a lot of liking here in all respects.

I possess around 7 years of Software testing application. Prior to this I was working for a telecom giant in in the US.

I currently work on "Siebel 7 application" "Performance & functional testing" using automated testing tools like "Segue Silk Test" and "Segue Silk Test" Performer.

Please let me know if the "openings" for my profile.

Once I get a job, I can apply for "Work Permit".

Kindly let me know the procedure to apply for a "Work Permit".

I am presently on a Business Visa, and my Visa expires in the "first week of April."

I manage to speak German too.

Friends, I will be grateful and would appreciate your time and help, if you can kindly do the needful to help me out. as my Schengen business visa expires soon.

Please revert back as soon as possible.

Thanks a heap in advance...

Regards
-TopGun
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/10/05 1:58 PM as a reply to topgun geek.
If you have a job contract, the other things could be easily done.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/10/05 2:31 PM as a reply to topgun geek.
And if you ain't got none, you have to search for one on the different job websites.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/10/05 2:40 PM as a reply to topgun geek.
Please have a look into this thread.

http://www.trust7.com/en/forums/gcs_in_your_neighborhood/work_permit#msg14556

It is described how you should proceed after getting a job contract. May other experts can throw some light if this also holds good for a schengen visa holder.

Best Regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/10/05 2:49 PM as a reply to topgun geek.
try it out in http://www.cesar.de/

it is job meta search.

@AA
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/14/05 5:46 PM as a reply to topgun geek.
Hi All,

Thank You very much for all your response and I appreciate the same.

I am in the process of searching jobs in Germany.

Meanwhile, to assist me in this process, I request if you all could kindly help me out in the same through your influences, Friends, Contacts in your company.

And also can you all please let me know companies recruiting for my profile.

Here are the details of my work profile:

Experience: Over 6 years of testing and development experience using software test automation tools.

Expertise: Software Functional Testing and Load testing (Automation and Manual)

Automation tools: Segue Silk Performer and Mercury Interactive tools.

Highlights of Past experience:
1. Presently on a Contract in Germany based IT Giant, on a Schengen Business Visa.

2. Worked for SBC(South Western Bell Corporation as "Test Lead- Functional and Load testing")in California, U.S

3. Worked for Marimba Inc.(now taken over by BMC Software)in California, U.S

Kindly suggest me more Germany job sites.

I would appreciate if you could kindly respond as early as possible, since I need to seek a job by first week of April.

Awaiting your response.

Thanking You All

Best Regards
-TopGun
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/15/05 3:34 PM as a reply to topgun geek.
Dear ALL,

Request for Help!

As per my e-mail yesterday, I need all your help to secure a job as early as possible and workout with my situation here.

Can you kindly talk to your colleagues and Friends and use other influences to send my resume across to the companies in Germany.

Kindly help me out.

Eagerly waiting for your reply

Thanking You all in anticipation.

Best Regards
-topgun
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/15/05 3:41 PM as a reply to topgun geek.
http://www.trust7.com/en/germany/links/jobs

Good luck!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/25/05 1:28 PM as a reply to topgun geek.
I am from India. I was also caught in the similar situation. So I had enquired about this to consulate in india and I had got their reply as below.

"The visa process in the Consulate may take 8 to 12 weeks. Since all applications will have to be referred to local German Authorities, the Consulate has no influence on the actual processing time. Applications should therefore be filed at least 3 months prior to the intended departure for Germany. Simultaneous applications for short term business visas and long term employment visas cannot be entertained. Short term visas for tourist, business or visiting purposes cannot be converted into residence permits or work permits after arrival in Germany. Any enquiries in writing or by telephone for the status of an application within a period of 12 weeks from date of application cannot be entertained."

According to this it says that business visa can not be converted within germany. You have to move to your country and from the consulate you can apply for workpermit which takes 3-4 months according to consulate.

If there is a way out then it will be helpful or if somebody who has converted business visa/schengen visa to workpermit can share experience.

regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/10/05 12:50 PM as a reply to topgun geek.
HI!

Have you got the visa done? I am also almost in similiar stage like you.

PLs help.

Regards,
Abhinav
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/10/05 2:19 PM as a reply to topgun geek.
It is impossbile to convert a business/tourist visa to workpermit. It has happened in my case, when i came here last year, i came here without a visa (Since my passport does not require a visa to Germany) and tried to get a work permit here with my job contract etc.,etc., It was simply rejected, tho my employers have met the higher officials etc., I was asked to go back to my country and come back here after processing the visa. I went back to my home country and got my visa in three days and back here.

Regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18