Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Regarding workpermit which is bound to my husband's residence permit

Toggle
Hi all,

I am new to the forum but seek some guidance.advise regarding following problem.

I moved here in Germany around April, 2010 and since then was searching for a job. Finally I got a permanent job and got work permit approval as well.
But my work permit is bound to my residence permit. They have approved my work permit under para 8. My husband's work permit ends by April,2012 so as my residence permit.

Now can anyone advise me, how can I get my work permit independent of my residence permit? I have unlimited work contract from the company.

Thank you all in advance! Looking forward to hear from you all!!!

Regards,
Sneha
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/8/11 1:47 PM as a reply to Anonymous.
Topic has been lot discussed here and many post in forum if you search. In short you need two years employment in Germany after that you can apply.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/10/11 9:12 PM as a reply to Anonymous.
Hi Sneha

I think that now with your work contract you can get your own residence permit, unlinked to your husband's.
and when his residence permit will expire he could then get a new permit but linked to yours instead (if for exemple he doesn't get a job contract extension).

Regarding your job permit, you already have it for this work you're doing so I don't think you need it again once you your own residence permit...

At least that's how it worked for me some years ago, just that the job I got didn't require job permit from the Arbeits amt.

Hope it helps
Ari
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/12 12:08 AM as a reply to Anonymous.
Hi Arianna,

hope you read my comment. I am interested to know more about ur case as we have more or less the same situation.
my residence permit is bound to my wifes who is studying here and I have work contract for unlimited time. So you mean when my wife will finish her studies and if she does not find a job quickly we can exchange our visas. She can be dependent on me. Correct me if I am wrong.

Best,
bajaj
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/19/12 1:15 PM as a reply to Anonymous.
Hi Sneha,

I guess you got your work permit before completing two year on the spouse visa? Could you please tell me how this procedure was? As my husband got a job but the AB refuses to take the application for workpermit saying that he is yet to complete 2 yrs as a dependent.

thank you in advance
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18