Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Inviting parents and siblings

Toggle
Inviting parents and siblings
Answer
7/12/10 2:09 AM
Hi all,

I am planning to invite my parents and brother (living in Delhi) to Germany. My wife is expecting and our visa is valid till April, 2011. I am working in Germany since 4 years and my wife is here since 2 years. I have company independent work-visa. The resident permit will be extended in January next year.

My question is: I have rented flat which is 55 sq. mt. Is there any problem to send them an invite.
What exactly is the procedure? Do I have to send them an official invite from ABH.
How much time it can take? Will they have to take an appointment for some interview with counsler or do they have to apply simply in VSH.

Thanks in advance
Tony
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/13/10 11:56 AM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Hi Tony,

You have to go to the Bürgeramt in your location with the following documents.

1. Apartment rent agreement.
2. 3 months pay slips.
3. Names and Passport details of the person you are inviting.
4. Fees of 30€

Then the officer shall check the documents you provide and then issue an official invitation letter. This letter is needed by your parents/relatives when they go for a visa interview in German consulate - INDIA.

As far as the apartment size is concerned, some officers check if its enough for the number of people you are inviting.

Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/13/10 5:00 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
this is the German term for the letter that you should get from ABH.
Verpflichtungserklärung

per one adult person, 12 square meters is the required apartment size(I learnt it from landratsamt münchen since my wife applied for family reunion visa). however don't worry about this. just approach ABH.
Good luck!

Varadharajan
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/14/10 2:00 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
My apartment size is 45sqm. If I(& my wife) would like to invite my parents in near future, will it create any problem? since we are 3sqm less

TIA.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/14/10 2:35 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
@Kewlbuddy

my understanding:
the 12sq.m/person specification is for ppl who is applying for a residence permit in Germany.i.e.long term visa. In case of visitors, ABH may not be strict abt it since it is short term visit for which one cannot expect to relocate. However they would like to ensure that the visitors would have adequate accommadation durin their stay. i hope, 3 sq.m should not be a problem.
all the best!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/14/10 2:45 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
@rvk
Thanks for fast reply.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/16/10 7:01 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Thanks for your prompt reply. I will visit ABH next week and will post my experience on the forum.

Regards,
Tony
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3