Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Re: Austrian Work permit

Toggle
Austrian Work permit
Answer
7/28/05 12:57 PM
Hi all,

I have a job offer from Austria, and the company is ready to do all it can to get me the work permit. But i wanted to know :

what are the basic requirements to get a work permit in Austria?

how difficult is it to get the work permit in Austria?

Are there any long term drawbacks in moving from Germany to Austria?

friends I am in damm need of your suggestions.
waiting for your replies
Abhi
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/28/05 1:17 PM as a reply to abhilash kumar.
Hi

1. First your arbeitgeber has to apply for sicherungs bewelligung(which is valid for 3 months,initially)at AMS Local office where his company is registerd in the Local bezirk(district).

it will take one month time to get clearence from AMS ,because they check for local people, but it is not a problem for a aüslander ,once employer signed on contract.

after getting this bewelligung you have to go to local bezirkmannschaft to get your one year visa..

after with this visa your employer apply for workpermit,,,,,,,,,,,,

but this sicherungs bewelligung is common for all aüslander even they work in EU-Area.

hope, it helps

enjoy
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/28/05 1:22 PM as a reply to abhilash kumar.
and if you stay more than 6 months out of Germany(in your case, working in Austria) then you may need to restart the clock from zero in order to get "German Permanent Residence", you will be probably treated as a newcomer foreigner after 6 months of absence. (meaning that all hassle of Labour-Market check, in case you wanna take a job offer in Germany again.. etc..)

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/28/05 2:35 PM as a reply to abhilash kumar.
thanx indgerauslieswi and Lacrima , can i have some links which puts some light on these Austrian work permit regulations. so i can forward them to the guys who interviewed me.

yes, the problems of coming back to germany for work must be given a careful thought, thanx lacrima for reminding me that.

and how is the IT job market in Austria?(I know it should not be compared with German IT market, but even then)

thanx again
Abhi
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/28/05 3:00 PM as a reply to abhilash kumar.
Hi Abhi,

and how is the IT job market in Austria?(I know it should not be compared with German IT market, but even then)

i think it depends on the level and type of positions in IT field there. Do you opt for a team-member type IT-position (developer etc.) or a little more senior position ?

-Kind Regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/28/05 3:07 PM as a reply to abhilash kumar.
Hi
Abhi,

visit http://www.ams.or.at

and give me your private e-mai id so that i can forward some tips how a person can hold both residenc permits in ggermany and in austria as well

but let me know the locations where you live in germany and where you are going to work in austria....

because i worked in germany, austria and swiss and came back to germany again with out any problem
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/28/05 3:23 PM as a reply to abhilash kumar.
Hi again,

@MH : I am a fresher with Masters in Computer science(germany) and an engineering's degree(India) in the same field. so do you have any idea about the market for this qualification with an interest in web development with Java or PhP/Mysql.

@indgerauslieswi: really talking to you would be very informative for me. at present i m in munich, where are you?

you can reach me at abhilash.kum|attherate|googlemail|dot|com

@all : if you have had any experience with Austrian work permit or have any idea about the market over there then kindly pass on the information, as you know for freshers there are very few opportunities.

regards
Abhi
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/28/05 3:58 PM as a reply to abhilash kumar.
@indgerauslieswi

I am quite interested in the tricks that you have used, to work out of germany and come back here. Would you mind it sharing in the forum, if not you may drop a line to this address:

lacrima79googlemail.com

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/28/05 7:25 PM as a reply to abhilash kumar.
Me Too.

Could you please send me the Tips and Tricks to

Pondala At THE RATE OF y a h o o . c o m

// SUPO
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/29/05 3:02 AM as a reply to abhilash kumar.
"how difficult is it to get the work permit in Austria?"

make yourself self employed and you will not need one as soon as your primary place of residence is in Germany
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/1/05 2:30 PM as a reply to abhilash kumar.
@inderauslieswi

Please send me this information as well. I mean the tips, moving out of Germany and then coming back...

@abhilash
@lacrima
@Sundeep

If you already have received some tips...please forward them to me as well. Currently I am in the decision making situation moving out of Germany...

MY EMAIL: kasazee(at)yahoo(dot)com

Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/1/05 3:48 PM as a reply to abhilash kumar.
Why not share the information with the forum?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/1/05 5:29 PM as a reply to abhilash kumar.
Could you please share this info in the forum?

if its too private then please send a copy to sunilsm_in|at|yahoo|dot|com.

Best regards
Sunil
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/1/05 5:49 PM as a reply to abhilash kumar.
here too:
D(punkt)vonD(at)gmx(punkt)net
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/1/05 5:57 PM as a reply to abhilash kumar.
@imranahmadkhan

if you still decide to send it via email please include a copy also for:
cybigigmail|dot|com

thanks.

cheers,
cybigi
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/1/05 8:22 PM as a reply to abhilash kumar.
Send me also
metro_geryahoocom
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/1/05 9:20 PM as a reply to abhilash kumar.
@@cybigi

There seems to be a confusion. I am not the one who has the information. I just asked why not put the information on the forum because almost everyone is giving out his/her email address.

I also want to know from indgerauslieswi how a person can hold both residence permits in Germany and in Austria as well.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/1/05 10:27 PM as a reply to abhilash kumar.
please send me too ... thanks in advance ...

tali0300(at)yahoo(dot)com

regards

Tali
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/27/05 9:53 PM as a reply to abhilash kumar.
Can you send me some info as well? Here is my email address...g4mcas@gmail.com

Tschuss,

JunAgs
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7