Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

RE: Family reunion visa to Blue card

Toggle
Family reunion visa to Blue card
Answer
4/15/19 1:25 PM
Hi Everyone,

My wife came to Germany on a family reunion visa. Since I am a Ph.D. student, she got a work visa while she stays with me here. Now she got a job and started working. We planned to get a blue card for her, as she satisfies all the requirements. When we went to apply for Bluecard, the ABH employee said, that my wife should not work during the processing of the Blue card, although she has a work permit. Is it true normally this is the case with anyone with this situation? Has anyone had a similar experience? Should I talk to some other employee at ABH? Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Raghu

0 (0 Votes)

RE: Family reunion visa to Blue card
Answer
4/16/19 11:12 AM as a reply to raghuram kalyanam.
Hi,

This sounds rather strange. On a typical dependent visa, one is allowed to work and if their job description and salary make them eligible for EU Bluecard, they can apply for it as well (while holding the existing visa and working!). Sometimes the employees of the immigration office have different opinions/interpretations, I have experienced this as well. Just go ahead with the application, inform your employer/HR meanwhile. Since she already has a visa, this should be not urgent so make the online application and wait for an appointment. The person you meet for this appointment should be competent to explain you since she/he is handling the bluecard application.

All the best,
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18