Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Blue card holder leaving Germany for an extended period of time

Toggle
Hello.

I'm a Blue Card holder and employed by a German company and we live in Berlin with my wife (she has Aufenthaltstitel).

We are planning to leave Germany for an extended period of time (2-3 years). However, it's also planned that we come back here after that to reside again.

I need to understand:
  • What will happen to our residency status when we leave (I will resign from my work)
  • What should be done in prior to leaving so the re-registeration is done properly
  • When we wanted to come back what will be the procedure
  • Does Foreign Office have any issue with Blue Card holders leaving for an extended period of time and then coming back to reside in Germany again? It this something frowned upon?
Thank you in advance. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/5/19 10:54 AM as a reply to Adalia Hashemi.
Please find the answers below (to my best knowledge, per law and experience)

1) With permission from ABH, your residency will be valid for maximum 12 months
2) You have to do de-registration (Abmeldung) before you leave DE so that all your mandatory legal liabilities such as Health Insurance, Radiofunk (GEZ) etc. will become obsolete
3) You need to apply for new work permit/blue card (subject to job)
4) It is always individual experience. Hence discuss with them personally. 

Hope it helps
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/9/19 10:25 AM as a reply to hprj.
Hello,

Thank you so much for the answers; appreciate it.

1) Keeping it for 1 year doesn't help because I will be back in 2-3 years
2) What happens to my pension, health care and all the other payments I made when de-registering?
3) You can become a permenant resident after 21 months of Blue Card (with B1 German level) or 33 months with no German certificate. Does the counter to 21 months reset when I leave Germany?
4) Don't know anyone who had a similar experience. I know people who left, I don't know the ones who came back later
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/11/19 10:00 AM as a reply to Adalia Hashemi.
Hi,

1. if you have paid taxes for 21 or 33 months, get the unlimited visa and check with foreigners office if it is possible for you to be back after about 2 to 3 years (with special permission from them ofcourse, you will get a letter from them which will help you when you enter germany).
2. i do not know much about pension but i heard that, if you have paid taxes for less than 5 years in germany, after two years of stay in india, you can ask for your pension that you paid. 
3.If you claim that money, i suppose when you come back to germany, may be your time count of paying taxes will be set to zero but may also depend up on the city and the officer you are dealing with.
4. i do not know either. your answer for this is in 1.

good luck
best regards
basbrem
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7