Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: OCI procedure!!

Toggle
OCI procedure!!
Answer
11/7/08 7:37 PM
Dear all,

today i got my deutsche passport.
I called up indian consulate in munich to know about OCI application procedure. They asked me to first do registration through http://mha.nic.in/ and then come to consulate in person. Unfortunatly person on the phone didnt answer my all question(needless to say).

Can anyone of you tell me, if i need to wait after doing online registration. How much time this procedure could take after which i really get OCI.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Re: OCI procedure!!
Answer
11/8/08 1:59 AM as a reply to subir subir.
@subir79

Don't rely on indian consulate, these smartass are not at all interested in working even though they are paid salary for it. They have outsourced the entire Visa/OCI/PIO stuff to Indo German
Consultancy Services Ltd. for which you have to pay Euro 13,50 extra. It takes about 8 weeks to receive your OCI.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/8/08 2:20 AM as a reply to subir subir.
Congrats for your passport. How long did the whole procedure take and in which city did you apply?

Thanks a lot
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/8/08 12:10 PM as a reply to subir subir.
@Akshay,
thanks for the info.

@gc1234,

->After integration course:
A- 6 weeks to get B1/orientierung result.
B- applied for einbürgerung immediatly.
C- 3 weeks waiting time for einbürgerungstest
D- 1 week to get einbürgerungstest result.
E- 1/2week to get urkunde.
F- 2 weeks to get passport.

Total time= A+B+C+D+E+F=6+0+3+1+1/2+2= 12.5weeks.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/9/08 2:00 AM as a reply to subir subir.
Thanks a lot for the reply.

Does this mean that from the day you applied it took only 6.5 weeks? (I guess waiting for integration test result does not count as part of the process).

One more question: In which city did you apply?

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/9/08 4:55 PM as a reply to subir subir.
I have a question related to OCI:

In the application form I found the following question, could someone answer them:

Does the country of applicant permit dual citizenship in some form or the other? YES/NO

If no, give specific details:

Thanks,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/9/08 4:59 PM as a reply to subir subir.
Just say no. I did not give any other details.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/9/08 5:06 PM as a reply to subir subir.
@xyxyxy

Does the country of applicant permit dual citizenship in some form or the other?

Actually yes, however upon satisfaction of certain criteria.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/9/08 6:30 PM as a reply to subir subir.
I've called IndoGerman Consultancy Services Ltd. They don't do it for the people from Bayern/Baden-w. We got to deal with CGI Munich. Could anyone please share your experience with them reg. OCI.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/9/08 7:03 PM as a reply to subir subir.
they are very very very bad...but do u have other options if they are good or bad?? What experience are you looking for? They do nothing other than collecting your documents and taking them to the consulate and make a little money out of it.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/9/08 7:40 PM as a reply to subir subir.
I hail from BW(Mannheim).
Thou these Indo-German consulate guys mention they wouldnt process applications from BW, i got my passport renewed from Frankfurt.

I went in personally thou and they accepted.Give it a try.
Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/14/08 3:49 PM as a reply to subir subir.
@xyxyxy

Does the country of applicant permit dual citizenship in some form or the other? YES/NO

Ans:

In my case i filled YES in the form. there was no objection. I got my OCI within three weeks.

AND currently i am in india, enjoying VERY VERY special status such as yesterday i was hit by a young Maruti driver and to no surprises he abused me and then zip zap zoom..... So, get ready to pay 250 euro and enjoy all the privileges. Cheers!!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/14/08 11:17 PM as a reply to subir subir.
What do mean by zip zap zoom... how did German ctz help you in that case
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/15/08 12:26 PM as a reply to subir subir.
subir79
U would have also surrender ur Indian Passport?
What is the actuall procedure for this and how long it take for all indian clearence?

and what do u mean by zip zoom ? DO u have special rights in India?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/15/08 9:35 PM as a reply to subir subir.
>>U would have also surrender ur Indian Passport?

The german office will take the Indian passport before giving the Urkunde. And without German passport one cannot apply OCI.

>>What is the actuall procedure for this and how long it take for all indian clearence?

Can you be specific about which procedure you are talking about. If you mean OCI, it is a matter of few weeks.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/16/08 12:27 PM as a reply to subir subir.
One question my Visa ending on 20th July 2009 and then im eligable for CZ.

One requirment I have filled is Intergation test.

The einburger test I need to make more.

but around 14th august I want to visit India also.So is it possible If I able to have CZ + OCI before 14th August.

Or I can apply for CZ a bit earlier (for example 2 -3 weeks earlier than 20th July).

Or I need to do all this process after my India Visit??
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/16/08 12:59 PM as a reply to subir subir.
I think you are being very very optimistic about applying for Citizenship, getting the passport, applying for OCI and then flying to india within one months time. Maybe you are daydreaming. Apply for Citiznship, enjoy your India trip with Indian passport and then see what the status is.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/16/08 4:14 PM as a reply to subir subir.
@Vicky,@deathinc,

"What do mean by zip zap zoom... how did German ctz help you in that case".

I am not expecting any special status!!
I was reminded by my fellow road riders that I am same old indian(OCI) and hence it is business as usual.

zip zap zoom... i mean hit and run.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Re: OCI procedure!!
Answer
2/20/13 6:05 AM as a reply to subir subir.
Eventhough this post is very old, a short point is what I wish to make based on my experience.

I applied for an OCI recently for the entire family and used the family option for the online form A. The forms and documents were submitted by post. The CGI called me up to say that the family Form A is not acceptable as it cannot be worked on  and each individual should fill and sign individual online form A and B:

My question to the babus - why make a family form A when it is not acceptable. It is just waste of time and paper for all concerned.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/6/19 3:19 PM as a reply to subir subir.
Hallo All,

Today I checked the OCI card application status and noticed that the OCI card has already been approved on 31.01.2019 and discpatched from New Delhi on 01.02.2019. Does anyone have an idea, how long it takes to reach Hamburg CGI?

I will be travelling to India in the last week of February and I am not sure if I should wait for the OCI card or to apply for visa.

Krish
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/7/19 10:06 AM as a reply to Krish ..
Hi,
please give a call to cgi and ask about your oci card status. if they have received it, ask them when you can come and collect the oci. You do not have to wait for them to send the post for you if it is urgent.
BR
Basbrem
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3