Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: German Citizenship Questions

Toggle
German Citizenship Questions
einburgerung citizenship visum
Answer
10/30/18 10:06 AM
Hello All, 
Appreciate your help or has anyone encountered a similar situation or case. Indian family 3 in need of some suggestions and advice.

The backgound  :- My visa expires on the 04/2019 and my work contract might not get renewed, however my wife is a permanent resident ( Studied for 2 , worked for 8 years and will continue post Elternzeit ) , our daughter is already a german citizen on the basis of her mothers visa status. 

Q1- Can we get or apply for german citizenship with my wife as the primary applicant as she satisfies all the requirements for Citizenship and I as the secondary ( We have been married for more then 6 years and living in Germany since December 2011 I have paid Rente for 58 months in total )

Q2 - Do the laws differ from state to state 

Q3 - I  have availed  ALG-I for a period of 6 months in between when I was layed of a job will this impact the Citizenship application

Q4 - We requested for an appointment  on the 02.03.2018 with the Darmstadt office, however still havent recieved a response., any help appreciated

Q5 - Once documents are submitted how long does it take ?

Cheers
Ragas
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/30/18 2:35 PM as a reply to Sagar Lokare.
Hi,

Q1: I think it should be possible. Most important thing is the work contract, which she has.
Q2: Yes.
Q3: Should not be a problem. You are currently employed as well.
Q4: Please go to the foreigners office (passport section) during opening hours. Ask them that your wife and you would like to apply for citizenship and they will tell you the requirements in your case. 
Q5: depends case by case (they will verify date of births, marriage certificates etc etc), usually can be in 2 to 4 weeks, months or a year.

I do not understand, why do you have to ask for an appointment in march, you have to do it right away. Just go to the office, tell that you like to apply, they will provide you the list of documents, you need to prepare and submit them and wait.

hope this info helps.
basbrem
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/31/18 10:26 AM as a reply to Bas Brem.
Thanks Basbrem
Thanks for the clarfication , in Darmstadt at the moment if one wants to apply for citizenship or long term or unbefristet visa's you need to get an appointment for document submission, post the document submission they will review your application. To get an application there is a wait time from 4 -6 months but we have been waiting since March 2018 this year, unfortunately I do not know who to approach to expedite it .

Here is the link  - https://rathaus.darmstadt.de/public/index.php?l=1&mr=20&smr=200&p=104

Thanks again

Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/7/18 12:42 PM as a reply to Sagar Lokare.
ok. this is horrible to hear. I am sorry. It varies regional office to office. good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/28/19 1:31 PM as a reply to Sagar Lokare.
Hey any update on this? I hope you have successfullly get the Germany citizenship.

I am on the same boat this year. I am applying for my German citizenship. And I have two questions:

1) I was not having birth certificate until now. I asked someone from my family to get my birth certificate from concerned authority back in India. So, do I need to get it notorized from India or I can show it original while submitting the documents here?

2) How much time does Indian consulate take to cancel the Indian Passport.

Thank you very much for your response.  
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/28/19 5:04 PM as a reply to India Indian.
Unfortunately my contract did not get renewed, so my wife applied for Citizenship and I can apply for citizenship as a dependent on her once she goes back to work post her Elternzeit or as soon as i have a job. 

As for your birth certificate if its in English just take it along with a copy , no need to notarize it. I am not aware how long it takes to cancel your Indian passport
Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/29/19 9:59 AM as a reply to India Indian.
1) I was not having birth certificate until now. I asked someone from my family to get my birth certificate from concerned authority back in India. So, do I need to get it notorized from India or I can show it original while submitting the documents here?
- I was asked to submit the birth certificate (in English) + translated one with beglaubigung. No need  to get it notarized.

2) How much time does Indian consulate take to cancel the Indian Passport.
- Once you have the Einbürgerungszusicherung, you can surrender your Indian passport. In Hamburg, it takes 1 week to get your surrender certificate (along with cancelled Indian passport)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/29/19 10:55 AM as a reply to India Indian.
@INDIAN INDIAN, did you manage get birth certificate? How long did it take? Was it smooth process? Please share your inputs. Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott