Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: German national visa employment all family members applying same time

Toggle
Dear friends,
Recently I've been to the German embassy in Mumbai (India) for application of my Employment Visa. I applied it along with my family (my wife and kid -  family reunion). I want to share the experience and ask a couple of questions.

The application process is pretty straightforward and same as mentioned on the Embassy website https://india.diplo.de/in-en/service/-/1803740. You can take the appointment of yours and family members on the same day. In my case, Visa appointment time was rescheduled by the Embassy and clubbed the applications time together.

When I reached the Embassy I was presented with a different checklist compared to what is there on the website. I had to do some reordering/ sorting in application documents. Since I was with my family members I needed to do this for six sets which I prepared (2 for each member) and it took some time. Also, my kid got a little impatient at the embassy so one partner was handling him.

I was given a single token for the entire family. Staff was helpful in the entire process.

My kid was a little loud and impatient which irritated the staff and had to handle him.

My and family's application was accepted but left below-mentioned questions open in my mind after the interview.

1) I was told that the application will take 3 months (or up to 3 months). I had an idea that in case of the primary applicant of employment Visa,  processing time is shorter and according to people I talked to it generally comes in 1-2 weeks. Is it the case that since I applied along with my family, my application will also be delayed?

2) Staff told me to get a six months health insurance done once the Visa is approved. I am not sure where to get such insurance as I checked with Indian providers and they do not give health insurance beyond 90 days in this category.

Suggestions are requested, please answer the queries if possible.

Let me know if you want to know anything more.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/25/18 5:10 PM as a reply to Piyush Goyal.
Hi,

Did you attach a ZAV pre-approval ? Generally, that seems to be the time saver. My family and I have an appointment on 2nd. Worried about my kid as well, she is a troublemaker too.

My company has a global corporate cover plan with AIG and they already issued me a certificate with a 2 year validity, check if yours has something of that sorts as well.

I am on different sails, my wife has a copy of her birth certificate and has long lost the original. dont know what that would lead too.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/26/18 12:07 PM as a reply to Piyush Goyal.
I had also applied German VISA application, along with my family( Wife and Son) at German Consulate.
Got approved after 3 weeks, same day I got VISA for me and family.
I got VISA for 6 month where is family got for 3 months

Most of the people got VISA in 1 week, however, my visa taken 3 weeks may be because of below points.
I did not had taken ZAV approval
My Master Degree Univercity listed in Anabin database however, my degree not listed there

I am sure you will get VISA less than 3 weeks
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18