Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Family reunion spouse visa getting delayed.

Toggle
Hey guys,

I need some help regarding my Visa application process. 

Here are the details:

I applied for the family reunion spouse visa(dependent visa) on 16/11/17.
It's been 6 months since then and the consulate says it's still "in progress".

The verification was involved in my case and an officer came for an interview on 05/01/18.

On 05/04/18, when I called them, they told me that verification has been completed and now German authorities needs to take the decision.

They even suggested me to get in touch with German ABH to know the status.

However, when my husband called the German ABH, he was told that the German authorities are waiting for some information from India.

So overall, I have no clue about the status of my Visa application.

And the Mumbai consulate is not kind enough to reply anything other than "it's still in progress".

****Here are my queries****

--Have you experienced such a long processing time?
--Is there any way to speed up the process?
--Any idea how long it might take?

Thanks a lot in advance! emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/19/18 6:56 PM as a reply to Shradha.
Hi,
I'm also in the same situation.
Finally when did you get your VISA? 

--Nalini
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
9/19/18 8:55 PM as a reply to Nalini Rayabhagi.
Hi,
I received my Visa after 8.5 months from the application date.
I will suggest you to stay calm and don't waste your time waiting for visa, instead focus on building German skills because that will be very helpful for you once you are here.
I will share my complete experience  here:
1. 16/11/17:
Visa application at Mumbai Consulate
When I asked how long will it take to get my visa approved, the officer said it takes "upto 3 months".
 At application center, I was asked to submit an email    from the apartment owners.. stating the area of the apartment where my husband was living.
I sent th the e-mail on the very same day.
2. 22/11/17:
I got an email from consulate that German authorities reviewed my application and they want to get verification of documents done.
For that I need to submit document verification fee of INR 45,000/- .I couriered the DD next day.
3. 28/11/17:
I got a call from consulate office to confirm that they have received the DD and now they will start the verification and the verification process can take "upto 3 months".
4. 05/01/18:
An officer came to visit me at our house (my in-laws place because I gave that address in application form).
He asked me few basic questions, he called my husband in Germany and talked to him as well.
He checked all my documents and took Xerox of few docs.
He checked all wedding pics and videos.He asked me to show him the wedding garden's receipt.
He went into a lot of details.
5. 31/06/18: 
My husband got a letter from German ABH , he had to confirm that he is willing to live with me in Germany.
6.31/08/18:
I finally got a reply(before this, they used to send a generic reply that we need to wait!!) from consulate that my Visa has been approved and I can go to vfs office for stamping, along with a travel and health insurance.
7.05/08/18:
I submitted my passport at vfs Mumbai,
Vfs people are very organized and they send SMS on given phone number after every step of visa stamping.
Within 2 working days my visa was ready.
I wasted those precious 8.5 months doing nothing but wait because they never give you reason for the delay.
But as far as I have researched, generally people get their visa within 4 months.
So stay positive and all the best!
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
9/20/18 7:19 AM as a reply to Shradha.
Hi Shradha,
Thank you very much for your brief reply.
And yea.. in process of learning German emoticon..
I'm planning to apply for tourist visa now as the dependent Visa is getting delayed. What would you suggest? Very confused though..
Thanks,
Nalini
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3