Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: NE validity for a person with German Spouse and kids

Toggle
Hello,

I have worked in Germany for more than 8 years. My wife and kids have acquired German citizenship while I am still on NE permit. 

I am presently considering moving back to India for few years with family. I wanted to know wat would happen if I decide to return to Germany after say 2 years.
1. Would my NE expire after deregistering and hence would need all visa formalities again or
2. can I apply for long term multientry visa before leaving germany.
3. This (https://www.muenchen.de/rathaus/home_en/Department-of-Public-Order/Foreigners-Office/Expiry-of-residence-permit.html)  website seems to say that as my spouse is German citizen my NE would remain valid. Is this correct ? 

Looking forward to your responses .
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/31/18 12:07 PM as a reply to sachin gupta.
Hi,

You can make an appointment with foreigners office and inform them that you are going to india along with family and you will return after 2 years, for that they will issue re entry certificate with which you will not have any problem when you land in germany.

i do not know much about the certificate validity. Accordingly you may plan. i do not also know whether they ask your intention to leave. I heard only from my friends, who have taken that while working for a german company in india for long periods and returning here for the base company after their assigned projects.

BR
Basbrem 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/31/18 2:37 PM as a reply to Bas Brem.
Thank you Bas Brem for the reply. What you mentioned matches with my understanding. If I can define the tenure as 2 years I will get a reentry certificate even if my spouse in not German. However I am particularly interested in the case when I do not have a fixed tenure in mind and when the spouse is German. As the link in my previous post mentions this possibly falls under a special case.
Hoping someone has more info on this.
Cheers!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3