Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

New salary lower than blue card

Toggle
New salary lower than blue card
Answer
4/19/18 7:05 AM
Hi,
I am a blue card holder. My new job's salary is lesser than the blue card requirement of 52,000EUR. If I accept the job, what does this mean for the blue card? Will I be required to revert to a non-blue card status? 

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: New salary lower than blue card
Answer
4/20/18 11:27 AM as a reply to Fiend.
Hi,

if your salary is above 40.560,- € it is still good for a Blue Card, but you will need an approval by the federal emploment agency, which takes about 2 weeks.

If you have been in Germany for less than 2 years you have to inform the local foreigners office about your new job and they will do it.

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/21/18 8:57 AM as a reply to trust7.
trust7:
Hi,

if your salary is above 40.560,- € it is still good for a Blue Card, but you will need an approval by the federal emploment agency, which takes about 2 weeks.

If you have been in Germany for less than 2 years you have to inform the local foreigners office about your new job and they will do it.

Good luck
Detlef
Thanks Detlef. I have been employed for 3 years continuously, and have held a blue card since December 2017. Regarding the 40.560eur minimum - isn't this only applicable to shortage occupations?

Thanks again!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/21/18 9:04 AM as a reply to Fiend.
here you will find almost all answers toyour questions..

http://www.bamf.de/EN/Infothek/
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18