Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Maiden name on marriage certificate but married name on passport

Toggle
Hi Friends, 
Our marriage certificate  has maiden surname of my wife while she has her married surname in both her and my passport. Will it cause any problem when I apply for spouse visa for her to bring her to Germany. Kindly suggest how to deal with it. Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/9/18 1:53 PM as a reply to Shakti Ranjan Rath.
The name has to be identical in both passport and Marriage certificate. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/9/18 4:23 PM as a reply to javi alco.
So, what is the solution now? Do they accept an affidavit saying both persons are the same. There is no way I can get a new marriage certificate. Or else, will a gazette notification of name chnage after marriage will do the trick??

Regards,
Shakti
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/9/18 4:51 PM as a reply to Shakti Ranjan Rath.
You can change the name in passport using Tatkal. I dont know if its an option for you. 
I dont know about gazette notification. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/10/18 11:00 AM as a reply to Shakti Ranjan Rath.
Shakti Ranjan Rath:
Hi Friends, 
Our marriage certificate  has maiden surname of my wife while she has her married surname in both her and my passport. Will it cause any problem when I apply for spouse visa for her to bring her to Germany. Kindly suggest how to deal with it. Thanks.
It is sufficient if you notify during the visa application that her name in the passport is different than the one on the marriage certificate.
There are fields in forms where you have to enter the actual surname and the old surname (maiden) if there is one, important is that the actual surname is the one in the passport. You should also consider a document proving the name change. I don't know if there is something like that in your country but when I naturalized, I was able to obtain such a document from the Bürgeramt for my wife as she wanted to take my name.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18